Gransnet forums

AIBU

niggly things

(57 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 03-Dec-13 22:11:51

My husband (aka The Wonderful Man) was away for the whole of last week helping our son with jobs around his flat (jobs in this house are still waiting......hmm). He arrived home on Saturday evening with just enough time to shower and change before we went out to dinner with friends; so no time to chat. The following morning (Sunday) he left for the office to catch up on his admin before I was even awake. We then met up in the late afternoon at a cafe with his parents and our daughter and her family; so no time to talk together. On to our church meeting (where dear friends had prepared him a meal) and then home by nine o'clock, where husband shot off to pack his bag in order to leave for work early the next morning. He left the house before I woke and won't be home now until Thursday night. I can cope with all the above and only feel slightly niggly - but HE'S TAKEN MY COMPUTER MOUSE WITH HIM!!!!!!! And that is just too much!!! AIBU?
What niggles you?

Aka Thu 05-Dec-13 15:29:00

DH decided to be helpful today while I was out and hung the washing on the line...in this hurricane that's presently passing over the area. I've told him he can go next door and ask for his underpants back as I'm not doing it.

rockgran Thu 05-Dec-13 15:18:30

I once had to climb out of the window as my husband had taken both sets ok keys.

janerowena Thu 05-Dec-13 15:08:31

Grannyactivist, I have lost count of the things that go missing, and we regularly have a row discussion about him taking things without asking, because at times I have thought I was going mad. He is a teacher and he has to give lectures occasionally, as part of assembly, that have a moral value. (not about stealing, I presume) He takes props. No-one else takes props in, just him.

So far this year alone, I have gone outside with my washing to hang it up and not been able to find the rotary drier, gone to switch on the standard lamp and it had become part of Narnia, all of my baking equipment went missing and two days ago my lovely wrought iron tall candle holder that fits in my fireplace had gone. I was livid. I was even more livid when he came home and simply plonked it down on the rug and left it there. I made him return, pick it up and put it back exactly where he had filched it from. I think he thought I was joking at first, but when I think how cross he would get if I touched anything in his shed without replacing it I think my annoyance is justified. I get so worried that the kids will break my things ( a besom broom that came back a different shape springs to mind) or that he will forget to bring them home, which is what happened to the baking things for about four days. I don't think your annoyance about your mouse is petty at all - he thinks nothing of taking my phone charger if he can't find his.

Nonnie Thu 05-Dec-13 11:58:43

Can't list all the things DH doesn't put in the right place, would be much easier to notice the odd occasion when he does put something back where it belongs. Now if I'm looking for something I just ask him where it is before I start. Just how many places are there you can leave that useful small step ladder thing?

feetlebaum Thu 05-Dec-13 11:10:10

Funny thing - I hated Freecell for years. Suddenly I find it addictive - possibly due to Windows 8, I don't know. Spider is MUCH harder to bring out, but I like it.

Ana Thu 05-Dec-13 10:46:53

Agus, solitaire is just the American name for patience.

kittylester Thu 05-Dec-13 06:33:00

Thanks for asking Nfk. Mum's chest infection has gone, she is off regular oxygen but they are struggling to get her to eat and drink. But my hair, apparently, looked good. grin

As you were thread!

annodomini Thu 05-Dec-13 00:38:10

Or it might be one of the games included with MS Windows Vista.

annodomini Thu 05-Dec-13 00:26:06

Mahjong Titans is a fairly addictive game which I downloaded free from the Internet.

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 23:56:31

154 games played, 96% won on Freecell.
204 games played, 75% won on Spider.
However my game du jour is MahJong and I have no idea what my stats are for that, but my quickest game of Dragon was completed in 1min 19 secs.

As you see, I'm far too busy on Gransnet to spend too much time on games. grin

ginny Wed 04-Dec-13 23:48:40

My DH puts his toothbrush in the cupboard but leaves the toothpaste with the lid open by the basin. He puts his wet bath towel in the airing cupboard but all screwed up, so it doesn't dry. AAARRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

newist Wed 04-Dec-13 23:37:27

I am addicted to freecell I now have 1136 100% win

LizG Wed 04-Dec-13 23:36:04

I am a Candy Crushaholic blush Haven't played Freecell for many years.

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 23:27:28

No, its his b****y big grey soft bag that is permanently half-packed and lives at the end of the bed - and he is meant to be RETIRED

Agus Wed 04-Dec-13 20:33:25

Solitaire is a different game Ana

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 20:31:39

Spare toothbrush and toothpaste in the car...? tchconfused

No! tchgrin

Nonu Wed 04-Dec-13 20:25:31

SIX and counting although I do also like Solitare .
tchgrin

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 20:18:29

Thanks Lona, it's called 'Pork' and I've just ordered it. smile

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 20:15:56

Slight digression here, but does anyone else's husband keep a spare toothbrush and toothpaste in their car and another on their office desk?

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 20:08:50

grannya I have pm'd you re pig!

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 19:40:52

Sorry, not washing machine, dishwasher.

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 19:37:26

If only it was just mugs left on the worktop above the washing machine, it is the coats on the chair beside the coat cupboard, the bottle of squash on the worktop above the cupboard it belongs in, the tooth brush and toothpaste just below the holder, you get the picture.

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 17:56:45

I have forgiven the theft of my mouse (virtuous emoticon) because it has (apparently) made life so much easier for my beloved during his current absence - and also because your responses have caused me to smile 'muchly'; a word used by my Italian student today.
I'm going into the city tomorrow to a) collect my newly butchered pig and b) to watch my grandson being a star in his school nativity play, (note that was a star and not the star). He is also going to sing a solo which, if he doesn't back out on the day, will no doubt cause a rush of peace and goodwill to my head and tears to my eyes.
After the concert I shall betake myself to a technological emporium and purchase for myself a second mouse for emergencies thereof.
(Teaching English to speakers of other languages affects me not in the slightest. grin)

Atqui Wed 04-Dec-13 17:25:46

Changing the subject back to the original question about niggles,does any one else get irritated by mugs being dumped on the work surface above the dishwasher, when said dishwasher is empty?

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Dec-13 17:22:11

Stay clear Kitty !

(How was your mum today?)