Gransnet forums

AIBU

niggly things

(57 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 03-Dec-13 22:11:51

My husband (aka The Wonderful Man) was away for the whole of last week helping our son with jobs around his flat (jobs in this house are still waiting......hmm). He arrived home on Saturday evening with just enough time to shower and change before we went out to dinner with friends; so no time to chat. The following morning (Sunday) he left for the office to catch up on his admin before I was even awake. We then met up in the late afternoon at a cafe with his parents and our daughter and her family; so no time to talk together. On to our church meeting (where dear friends had prepared him a meal) and then home by nine o'clock, where husband shot off to pack his bag in order to leave for work early the next morning. He left the house before I woke and won't be home now until Thursday night. I can cope with all the above and only feel slightly niggly - but HE'S TAKEN MY COMPUTER MOUSE WITH HIM!!!!!!! And that is just too much!!! AIBU?
What niggles you?

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 17:10:49

Although they call it Solitaire on t'internet.

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 17:10:06

Isn't patience a card game? tchconfused

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-13 16:55:49

Card game or patience.

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-13 16:51:28

I looked at Freecell - didn't understand it confused

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 16:50:55

www.freecell-cardgame.com/

lucyinthesky Wed 04-Dec-13 16:42:49

What is freecell???

KatyK Wed 04-Dec-13 16:20:19

Asda do cheap mouses? mice? meeces?

Nonnie Wed 04-Dec-13 16:19:59

Five of us.

DH does the car key thing too but wouldn't dare touch anything in my office! He knows when he would be going just one step too far!

GrannyA You have a few days before he comes back to think of a suitable way to show him how you feel. Perhaps some GNs can make suggestions? grin

coastwallker Wed 04-Dec-13 16:18:22

Freecell is a very addictive game girls.
Click on Start then Games and you should find it. But start playing at your own risk!

Aka Wed 04-Dec-13 16:12:30

Sell all his stuff and treat yourself to a self indulgent Christmas. Or give it all away to a homeless shelter. Your choice, whatever makes you feel better.

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 16:03:52

Go out and buy yourself the most expensive mouse you can find, diamond encrusted preferably - and charge it to him.

Quite understand how you feel. I had a DH with a work life like your DH until he finally retired completely last year, and yes, it is the small things like that, the straw that breaks the camels back.

Mind you, when it stops and you have him home all day every day .................

annodomini Wed 04-Dec-13 09:56:10

I seem to have beaten my Freecell addiction because Gransnet addiction has replaced it. blush

Aka Wed 04-Dec-13 09:45:26

Make that four.

AlieOxon Wed 04-Dec-13 09:44:48

Spider Solitaire hypnotises me. Last computer got it deleted eventually; and it will come to that again.
I was on Minecraft for a long while, I build stuff and don't fight monsters, but I play that less now.

Charleygirl Wed 04-Dec-13 09:33:21

Stansgran and PRINTMISS add a third, I have not got a clue.

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 09:28:32

Ana It's Spider Solitaire that has me really hooked!

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 09:22:18

I, too, am a Freecell addict! blush

(as well as Hearts and Spider Solitaire...)

PRINTMISS Wed 04-Dec-13 09:19:03

I don't know either Stansgran, so that makes two of us - I'm quick you know!

janreb Wed 04-Dec-13 09:16:53

My husband takes the tv remote to the toilet with him, but that doesn't beat my friend's husband who took their remote to the chip shop with him!

Stansgran Wed 04-Dec-13 08:31:39

Am i missing out? What is Freecell?

bikergran Wed 04-Dec-13 08:13:10

ill'e just go and ask one of my 2 cats to go an find you one grin

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-13 07:26:39

DH used to take both sets of car keys to work with him - until I sent a taxi to collect them and made him pay the bill. grin

On the same basis, buy another mouse and keep it in a safe place - just in case. grin

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 07:12:00

My name is Lona and I too have a Freecell addiction! grin

Get yourself a secret stash of 'mouses' in case he does it again!

LizG Wed 04-Dec-13 00:10:20

Demand he buys you an IPad for Christmas - no mouse required! This action could be deemed 'mental cruelty'.

Icyalittle Tue 03-Dec-13 23:18:46

YANBU. Never mind the mouse, go out and buy an iPad!!