Gransnet forums

AIBU

Online grocery shopping

(55 Posts)
Pittcity Fri 30-Oct-15 09:19:58

I had a problem like this with Tesco who didn't turn up and were hard to contact. I finally managed to cancel the order on the phone. To my surprise it turned up next morning. I turned the driver away, got a refund but no explanation or apology.

I now use Sainsburys who are excellent. They ring if they are going to be 5 minutes early! The driver brings the boxes into my kitchen and unloads onto the worktop.Doesn't take much longer than dropping off bags.

whitewave Fri 30-Oct-15 09:06:59

I was talking to my delivery man this week and the no bags policy has made a big difference to their rounds. Hopefully the stores will get it sorted, especially if they get criticism.

Indinana Fri 30-Oct-15 09:04:36

I would have been very cross. The bag charge is a real issue when it comes to deliveries and must be so frustrating for the delivery drivers, who are now probably working much longer hours - and likely with no extra pay. It seems ridiculous to me to think of all the items having to be taken out of the bags/plastic boxes and transferred to the customer's own bags at the door. What a kerfuffle.

loopylou Fri 30-Oct-15 08:26:15

I wouldn't have been at all impressed either! It makes booking a slot pointless doesn't it?

lonniefrances Fri 30-Oct-15 08:19:32

AIBU to be cross at receiving my Asda
grocery delivery last night at 10.30? I had given up and gone to bed! My slot was supposed to be 7 til 9. The driver was very helpful and said he just had too many drops to make and of course they take longer with people opting not to pay for bags.I did phone the help number to be informed the mailbox was full and no message could be left.