Gransnet forums

AIBU

xmas decorations

(30 Posts)
tanith Wed 11-Nov-15 21:36:32

I think any decs up before about 2wks before Christmas is crazy. We put ours up on Christmas Eve and down on Twelfth Night. Can't wait for them to go back in the loft.
We don't have any small kiddies around for Christmas anymore.

etheltbags1 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:14:17

I must admit that when DD was little I used to put up the tree (never a favourite job for me) on the first weekend in December and DD used to help but after her leaving home I just cant be bothered to do it anymore, although DGD aged 3 in December may be of an age to be interested now so I may put it up maybe 2 weeks before.

annsixty Wed 11-Nov-15 21:10:07

No ethel you are not. Why do people strive to be the first and how tired they must be in 6 or so weeks time of those dusty decorations. One week before Christmas day is really too early for me but I usually give in to the pressure from the GC.

rosesarered Wed 11-Nov-15 21:06:10

No, not unreasonable, but I set it up ( tree) a fortnight before, as around Christmas tends to be a busy time.November is plain ridiculous!

etheltbags1 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:57:43

I saw a window today with a Christmas tree and pretty lights, it looked good but much too early, I looked over the road and saw another window with decorations.
Whats wrong with these people, can they not wait, are their lives so empty that they long for the next bit of excitement. Its cruel on the children as its too long to wait till Christmas.
Does anyone like me end up scratching around in the cupboard the last week looking for escaped baubles and tinsel and wishing the dratted thing was over and done with or am I being unreasonable.