Gransnet forums

AIBU

Am I alone in finding it creepy...

(34 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 07-Apr-16 16:20:42

I don't find it creepy but a little of Aled Jones goes a very long way.

Anniebach Thu 07-Apr-16 16:20:13

I find nothing creepy in this, it isn't an adult singing with a dead child

Indinana Thu 07-Apr-16 16:08:22

I don't find it in the least creepy. Recordings were made of his younger voice - they're out there and we can listen to them anytime we like. We don't consider listening to them creepy now that his voice has changed, so why should we think it creepy to combine them? I think it's quite a good idea and and makes a rather nice recording.

ninathenana Thu 07-Apr-16 16:04:59

Sorry grandMattie I don't agree.

f77ms Thu 07-Apr-16 16:04:38

NoToOld , those pictures were called momento mori . They fascinate me but I am possibly a bit weird !

PRINTMISS Thu 07-Apr-16 16:01:27

I think it is just a pleasant CD to listen to, I don't think it was ever meant to break any records (no pun!), but a nice idea to combine the two different voices of one individual.

Teetime Thu 07-Apr-16 15:31:12

I quite like it but a whole CD would be too much- have heard some pieces on Classic FM which were lovely.

NotTooOld Thu 07-Apr-16 15:24:42

OOh-er. That does sound creepy, grandMattie. Didn't Nancy Sinatra do something similar with Frank's voice? And, more recently, Harry Belafonte? Sounds weird to me, especially singing with your younger self. Reminds me of those Victorian family photos where one member of the group was actually dead - a propped up corpse. shock

grandMattie Thu 07-Apr-16 15:01:43

Am I alone in finding Aled Jones' new CD creepy? He sings with his young, soprano self. He had a fantastic pure high voice as a youngster when he was a chorister and so on, his adult tenor voice is pleasant enough, but the two together? Not sure at all