Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be totally cheesed off with Ocado?

(29 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:23:31

Has she got a local Co-op? Or a corner shop nearby she could nip out to?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:22:42

That's got to be very unusual for Ocado. I've been with them for years and they are excellent. Very odd.

You should 'tweet' it. That usually gets results.

petra Sat 03-Sep-16 21:33:53

i feel your anger, Daphne. DD ordered flowers from Waitrose to be delivered today for my birthday tomorrow. No show!!!!
On a happy note, I had a card from The Savoy where we went last year for my birthday. What clever marketing, it's only a card ( hand written) but I will remember this gesture.
I'll bloody remember Waitrose for this grrrrrr.

DaphneBroon Sat 03-Sep-16 20:13:36

AIBU to be screaming at Ocado because far from there being "no substitutions", HALF the order(all of the 'cupboard ' order) was NOT on the van.

DD has been with us for the last week because SIL is in New York, and before that they were on holiday in France for three weeks. I drove DD and DGS back home today having suggested she might like me to put in an Ocado order to refill the fridge and the cupboards until SIL gets home tomorrow afternoon. She is also due to turn up to work to work tomorrow at the Barbican as she has a production opening on Thursday. When the van arrived at 5.30, half her order was MISSING!
Customer services are supposed to be pursuing this, but I am still speechless that I can receive assurances that everything was apparently there UNTIL THE POINT OF DELIVERY.
I honestly wish I had just taken a trip to Waitrose and stocked up there. She has rung me to say that she now has NOTHING for breakfast as of course she is stuck in the house with a tiny baby and we had been relying on a shopping delivery to refill her fridge and cupboards.
Apparently there are no delivery slots before Monday. Well given that she is well within the M25 I would have thought a manager might have got in his car and fulfilled this order and suggested accordingly grin
This is appalling service and as a regular customer of many years, I shall seriously review my Smart Pass membership. Waitrose Deliver have never let me down.
Yes I have been offered a voucher towards my next order, but you can't eat a voucher for breakfast and when you are breastfeeding that is a major issue.
angryangry