Gransnet forums

AIBU

Men!

(36 Posts)
Anya Thu 01-Dec-16 16:31:10

I'm not well. I just want to be left in peace to quietly die or post on GN, whichever is the lesser of two evils.

DH just asked what I want for tea. Told him I'm not hungry.

So next he asks what he can have for tea!

FFS we have a freezer full of food, can't he just go away and find something for himself.

Is it me, or are your DH's just as useless when your not there to .tell them what to do make suggestions? confused

Anya Thu 01-Dec-16 16:34:09

Typos I know.

wot Thu 01-Dec-16 16:35:47

Yes, they bloody are! Also, many foods he will not eat. The only veg he will eat is peas and potatoes.

wot Thu 01-Dec-16 16:36:35

O r is that veg he will ARE

Ana Thu 01-Dec-16 16:39:22

No, I think you were right the first time wot! grin

rosesarered Thu 01-Dec-16 16:39:32

Anya wishing you well again, don't give up on either life or Gransnet.tchsmile
Have some soup , chicken soup is best with bits of bread in it.Then have a whisky with a drop of hot water. As we get older these things just take so long to go away, I have had (just gone) chest infections/catarrh / cough since late August! may be a record.

rosesarered Thu 01-Dec-16 16:41:57

Have to say that Mr Roses is really good and often makes meals for me.
#smugoldbag.

tanith Thu 01-Dec-16 17:11:03

wot are we married to the same man? Mine also only eats tinned peas and potatoes. He doesn't mind cooking and is quite good at it but he always wants me to 'decide'.

kittylester Thu 01-Dec-16 17:13:10

And, it's the deciding that's the hard bit, isn't it? brew

Cunco Thu 01-Dec-16 17:22:06

Get well soon. I agree that men are not all they are cracked up to be but we must have (or have had) something of interest. When you feel a little better, ask you husband to get you a book from the library, say 'The Trouble with Women' by Jacky Fleming. I bought it for my wife and survived. Now, off to make dinner ...

Christinefrance Thu 01-Dec-16 18:08:14

I'm so lucky as my husband does the cooking, we do argue about whose turn it is to choose the meal though.

gillybob Thu 01-Dec-16 18:19:32

I totally sympathise Anya . I ask DH what he fancies for dinner "anything" comes the reply. Okay then I will make a shepherds pie "I don't fancy that" well how about a curry "we had curry last Thursday"

I THOUGHT YOU BLOODY WELL SAID ANYTHING !!!

phoenix Thu 01-Dec-16 18:19:48

I'm quite lucky, Mr P will often take over cooking, and doesn't do a bad job at all.

We both have the lurgy at the moment, so have been dividing the labour, however the washing up seems to often come my way!

In all fairness, he often says "leave that, I'll do it" but as I'm loitering in the kitchen listening to The Archers, I may as well run a sink of water and do it, hate coming down to last nights dishes (no dish washer, unfortunately)

NanaandGrampy Thu 01-Dec-16 18:23:01

Grampy stopped saying ' anything ' early in our marriage after saying that very thing in answer to my question ' what would you like in your sandwiches ?'

He was quite surprised to get one with custard and one with dog biscuits ???

Problem solved !

gillybob Thu 01-Dec-16 18:24:36

I really must try that one NanaandGrampy grin

shandi6570 Thu 01-Dec-16 18:30:47

Oh NanaandGrampy that is a classic, can't stop laughing. Think I will have to try it as well, men, can't live with them, can't live without them, although I sometimes want to try grin

fiorentina51 Thu 01-Dec-16 18:38:33

I have to admit DH has taken over in the kitchen, much to my delight. I sometimes have to decide what's on the menu but not often. I actually enjoy cooking for large groups but get bored with everyday cooking for two. It works for us. ?

shysal Thu 01-Dec-16 19:14:33

Can't stop laughing N&G! grin

Anya Thu 01-Dec-16 19:17:13

Cunco I'll try that when or if I ever recover.

DH cooked himself fish fingers, oven chips and peas! grin

I'm off to bed now and hopefully the Nightnurse I just took will knock me out dissolved as it was in whisky and I'll be a new woman in the morning.....shall I come back under a different name too? wink only kidding.

delirium is setting in

Anya Thu 01-Dec-16 19:17:51

PS Love it about custard and dog biscuits

sunseeker Thu 01-Dec-16 19:29:05

One day early in our marriage I was feeling particularly unwell, when I told my DH he said that I should go to bed AFTER I had made him dinner!!!!! Soon cured him of that one. He progressed to bringing me coffee in bed every morning and breakfast in bed every Sunday smile

cornergran Thu 01-Dec-16 20:10:51

Still grinning n&g. Why didn't I think of that? Mr C will cook, but never when I plan to eat it smile.

cornergran Thu 01-Dec-16 20:12:47

Sorry, meant to sat get better soon Anya.

petra Thu 01-Dec-16 20:24:13

I haven't cooked or shopped for food for over 20 years. Even when OH goes on 'boys' holidays he makes sure the freezer is full.

ffinnochio Thu 01-Dec-16 20:35:31

Mr.Ffinn and I often chat first thing in the morning about our plans for the day. Sometimes I say that I'm not cooking, I'll forage. Sometimes he'll say I'm not cooking, I'll forage. It depends upon our plans.
Job done. We both forage as and when. We both cook as and when.
#nopressure