Gransnet forums

AIBU

Had my birthday yesterday

(93 Posts)
shysal Mon 03-Jul-17 08:12:11

Belated birthday wishes to you both, Emsgran and DanniRae. I felt a bit the same on my birthday last month, only receiving 5 cards. Hope you won't mind sharing this cake.

DanniRae Mon 03-Jul-17 08:06:52

PS - I live in the South Greenfinch

DanniRae Mon 03-Jul-17 08:05:24

Hi Emsgran - It was my birthday too! So we can be birthday friends, eh?
I was 69 shock- not happy about that, but better than the alternative I think?

nanaK54 Mon 03-Jul-17 07:32:33

All good wishes from me tooflowers

kittylester Mon 03-Jul-17 07:03:55

Many happy returns for yesterday. cupcake

Greenfinch Mon 03-Jul-17 07:00:32

Yes indeed.The friendships on here can feel very real especially if you can get to a meet up.Do you live in the South ?

Emsgran Mon 03-Jul-17 06:23:57

Thanks everyone, just need to add that I had visits and flowers etc from my 3 children. Just feeling bad at my lack of friends. Been reading these forums for a while and only just plucked up the courage to write. Hopefully make some new friendships on here

Coolgran65 Mon 03-Jul-17 01:21:05

Can you give yourself a birthday treat. Is there anything that you've fancied for ages. What about a pair of really comfy but funky shoes/trainers.
Or perhaps make yourself an afternoon tea treat time, ( invite someone to join you if you'd like ).... tea in a China cup with a few nice sandwiches and pastries. You could have it with a magazine or book you'd really enjoy. Or a film you really want to see.

Book yourself a back massage or a facial, perhaps just a visit to the chiropodist.

It has to be something to make you feel good and that you don't normally do in your routine day.

flowers

Marydoll Sun 02-Jul-17 23:38:45

Happy belated birthday. ?

cornergran Sun 02-Jul-17 23:32:01

Belated birthday wishes from me, too, emsgran. I hope you were able to do something for yourself today, if not you must tomorrow. It's hard when 'special' days seem to be overlooked. Be good to yourself. Here are more flowers.

Maggiemaybe Sun 02-Jul-17 22:57:10

Belated happy birthday wishes, Emsgran! flowers

Kateykrunch Sun 02-Jul-17 22:48:35

Happy Birthday for yesterday Emsgran, all the best, Katey x

BlueBelle Sun 02-Jul-17 22:39:36

Happy belated birthday Emsgran I m sorry you are feeling sad, birthdays aren't always the best nor Christmas I don't know what else to say we can't make up for what you are missing xx

gillybob Sun 02-Jul-17 22:38:34

Belated birthday wishes from me too Emsgran flowers

Just wondering if maybe you are just a very small family ?
I do hope you are able to give yourself a little treat in the next few days anyway.

Moocow Sun 02-Jul-17 22:20:08

happy birthday for yesterday. Hope you treated yoyrself in some way.

Chewbacca Sun 02-Jul-17 22:18:59

Sorry you didn't have the birthday you'd hoped for Emsgran, is there any chance that you'll be meeting up with friends or family later in the week to have a small celebration? flowers these are for you.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 02-Jul-17 22:08:17

Well Emsgran here's another one, hope you had a lovely day, many happy returns smile

Emsgran Sun 02-Jul-17 22:04:11

got two messages, how sad is that?