Gransnet forums

AIBU

Coast or Country and the like, why................

(59 Posts)
lemongrove Tue 26-Sep-17 17:05:58

Yes £200,00 to £400,000 would be more realistic for most peoples budgets, but then there is a lot of money around and they want to showcase all types of houses and house budgets I suppose.
I like looking at the decor for ideas and also the gardens.

loopyloo Tue 26-Sep-17 17:00:34

I think it's for a free holiday and the chance to snoop round other people's homes.

Bluegal Tue 26-Sep-17 16:58:59

Snap! I can never understand just why people would want to go on t.v. looking for their new homes? Maybe they are showing off or maybe just plain lazy? Who knows? Do they get any financial incentives? I also wonder about the people selling? Don't mind people criticising my taste, but in front of potentially tens of thousands of viewers? ...preferably not!

loopyloo Tue 26-Sep-17 16:40:08

I'd love a program about returning to the city! Back to public transport,shops being able to walk to the doctors etc and concerts libraries and close to family.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 26-Sep-17 16:35:02

I love Location Location Location - it brings out the nosey voyeur in me grin

Lillie Tue 26-Sep-17 16:29:02

I'm guessing if you're going to relocate to your forever home, and have the available funds, you might as well splash the cash in a big way.
I'm the opposite, Kk in that spending £50 - 60k on an apartment in Spain seems pointless and I turn those programmes off.

tanith Tue 26-Sep-17 10:47:20

OH watches all of those type of program I've long since stopped watching for the same reason. It's almost like a boasting show, "look how much we've got to spend".
Don't the makers realise that it turns most people off.

KatyK Tue 26-Sep-17 10:03:47

I often say to DH when watching these programmes 'where do they get the money?' And when they go into a huge kitchen and say 'it's a bit small'. They should see our little galley kitchen. It's all relative I suppose.

Kateykrunch Tue 26-Sep-17 09:52:15

do they never just have around £200,000 to spend, it would be a programme that would cater for many more people. Todays programme, they have £900,000!