Gransnet forums

AIBU

Thing and People I do not want to see or hear about in 2018

(63 Posts)
NotTooOld Fri 22-Dec-17 13:42:07

No more old men being charged with sexual harassment because 20 years ago they put a hand on your knee and called you 'Sweetie'. For Gawd's sake. (Of course, it's different if it's children and it's different if it's REALLY sexual harassment - not the sort that any woman worth her salt couldn't deal with on the spot).

willsmadnan Fri 22-Dec-17 13:03:47

Not necessarily in this order:
1. Trump, and all things Trump- related.
2 Meghan and Harry .... ditto. Though I fear this is a vain hopetchsad
3 Brexit... another hopeless wish.
4 the 'Me Too' campaign... so why didn't all you campaigners say something before now?
Nothing on this wish list is liable to actually happen ... hey ho!

MamaCaz Fri 22-Dec-17 13:01:17

No more stereotypical 'gran'' images accompanying the Gransnet links on Facebook!

Iam64 Fri 22-Dec-17 12:54:07

Yo Jane10 - can I second your wish to see less intolerance and more openness to the opinions of others.
I don't like I'm a Celeb or Big Brother, don't watch Strictly but I have loved ones who do and get lots of fun from the programmes.
Let's all try and be less grumpy and less OUTRAGED all the time.

Jane10 Fri 22-Dec-17 12:50:55

I enjoy programmes about real people. I assume you lot are denigrating things like I'm a Celebrity or Big Brother rather than the multitude of programmes that don't feature actors eg Strictly or the plethora if interesting documentaries? Reality TV can be excellent.
Id like to see less intolerance and more openness to others's opinions.

spyder08 Fri 22-Dec-17 12:34:18

No more reality tv featuring 'celebrities' I have never heard of or possibly never even seen before.
Nothing, yes absolutely nothing, about the royal family whatsover.

Now I will put my tin hat on and wait!!

NannyTee Fri 22-Dec-17 12:09:03

Repeats

Anniebach Fri 22-Dec-17 11:45:21

No more Harry and Megan gazing in wonderment at each other for the camera.

Trump

Cookery programmes

Property buying programmes

NanaandGrampy Fri 22-Dec-17 11:18:42

No more reality TV please. I REALLY don't want to see people covered in bugs or being famous for being famous .

hildajenniJ Fri 22-Dec-17 11:17:24

Mermaid tail blankets.

I can't look for a crochet pattern without being bombarded by them.

Teetime Fri 22-Dec-17 11:13:33

Trump!

vampirequeen Fri 22-Dec-17 10:59:15

I don't want to live in austerity any more.
I don't want any new celebrities who are only famous for being celebrities.

Floradora9 Fri 22-Dec-17 09:33:24

Firstly I especially do not want to see a thread I have started suddenly appear on face book without my permission
I do not want to see another " cute" pictute of pug dogs on mugs , beding etc. The same goes for unicorns and elf on the shelf and who wants Christmas bedding that will only be used at Christmas ?
I hope never to hear about Katie Hopkins or the Kardashians and please no more comparing Meggan with Kate .
There must be plenty more to add to the list so feel free.