Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to expect my husband to be awake and talk to me?

(57 Posts)
loopyloo Tue 26-Dec-17 12:07:52

He should have his blood sugars checked.

Humbertbear Tue 26-Dec-17 11:40:08

My husband is in his 70s and can have a couple of naps in the day and often sleeps in the evening. I plan my own life and go out when I want. Life is too short to spend watching him sleep. This seems to be a male thing as they get older

Squiffy Tue 26-Dec-17 11:39:23

I’m with Aggie and think he should be checked out. Sleep apnoea seems like a possibility and is something that needs investigating.

Niobe Tue 26-Dec-17 11:19:33

My husband (74 years old) seems to fall asleep several times a day for up to 15-30 mins at a time. Fortunately he doesn't snore much so I just ignore him.

aggie Tue 26-Dec-17 11:01:20

Snoring like that suggests a medical problem , get him to the Doc to be checked for Apnea

OldMeg Tue 26-Dec-17 11:01:07

Get a TV in your bedroom and send him up there to fall asleep watching it. Then at least you get to watch in peace and quiet.

Some people age more quickly than others and it would seem to be he is one of them, finding full-time work very tiring. Might be worth a trip to GP though

paperbackbutterfly Tue 26-Dec-17 10:52:59

In our 60s we bth work fulltime but when we get home I prepare tea while OH has his first nap, we eat tea and he has his second nap (which sometimes lasts most of the evening) if he does wake up to watch a film he always has a third nap before bedtime. He snores loudly all the time and I can't hear the TV. I've tired suggesting he goes to bed but he says it's too early then falls asleep again. I just sit there getting so cross. Most evenings he sleeps for about 5 of the 7 hours we are up. He doesn't like going out (too tired) and he still sleeps all night. At weekends he sleeps during the day too. If we do visit people he goes to sleep there as well. I feel like I spend all my time on my own