Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be confused by Pips Bunce?

(53 Posts)
FarNorth Sat 17-Mar-18 10:46:40

One little question - if Pips (Philip) Bunce spends time 50/50 as male/female, and is physically male, shouldn't Pips be referred to as 'he', not 'she'?

britishlgbtawards.com/top-10-lgbt-inspirational-leaders/

PIPS BUNCE
Director at Credit Suisse
Pips is a Director and Head of Global Markets Technology Core Engineering Integration Components at Credit Suisse, and also co-lead of their LGBT and Ally network. Credit Suisse’s LGBT and Ally network fosters a workplace environment that is open and inclusive for all regardless of their gender identity, gender expression or sexuality. Pips identifies as gender fluid spending half her time as Phil and the other half as Pippa both at work and at home with her wife and children. She works closely with other firms educating around Trans* and non-binary identities and has produced articles and documentaries on the subject with organisations including the Financial Times and the BBC. Pips is highly active in working to eradicate marginalisation and promote the importance of authenticity.

FarNorth Sun 18-Mar-18 21:48:44

It is a serious point, though, about people with fully functioning male bodies becoming legally entitled to enter any area that currently women-only.
Please consider signing this petition so that it will be properly debated in Parliament.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/214118

Cherrytree59 Sun 18-Mar-18 00:48:43

Yep if she is sleeping with the poor wife then the wife whether she likes it or not has become a lesbian.
Until she fluidifies back to a he,
then both will be a heterosexual couple!

Simples Not confused

PS I thought Pip must have something terrible on his/her headshock
Mistook bunce for bonce

Leonora47 Sat 17-Mar-18 22:39:01

I worry about his/her poor wife.
Whilst he/she is being a "she" will his wife have to identify herself as a lesbian? And conversely, when he /she is being a "he", should his wife be considered to be a widow?

minesaprosecco Sat 17-Mar-18 18:31:06

On a serious note, the issue of self identification is being pushed by trans activists, and it is entirely possible that men will be able to just say 'I'm a woman' and so gain access to women's safe places. It is a concern in prisons already. I would urge you all to read this article www.counterfire.org/articles/opinion/19538-as-a-trans-woman-this-is-the-unity-i-want-to-see. The writer is a Labour supporter and makes reference to left and right political stances which you may not agree with, but the rest of the article is clear about how true trans people do not want to erode women's rights in the pursuit of their own. And sign the petition mentioned in a previous post!

Jalima1108 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:23:31

Poor him/her
Having a name like that must be confusing to start with.
sad

SueDonim Sat 17-Mar-18 18:19:01

Top jokes here! grin

I've never heard of Pips Bunce but I'll believe they're a woman when I see evidence of their XX chromosomes.

Gerispringer Sat 17-Mar-18 18:12:31

I guess I would challenge the idea that even with his bits chopped off doesn’t make a man a woman. Being a woman is not just a man without a penis.

Jalima1108 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:00:15

genuine
Yes, not confusing in those cases.

maryeliza54 Sat 17-Mar-18 17:30:32

I usually distort the style, elegance and grammar of my beautiful prose by using ‘they’ ‘them’ ‘their’ etc in situations like the OP. For the very few genuine transwomen I’m aware of ( and I used to work with one) I would always say ‘she’ ‘her’ etc.

MissAdventure Sat 17-Mar-18 17:17:07

Gender neutral names are coming into their own, too, as I was just saying to my friend Spong the other day..

MawBroon Sat 17-Mar-18 17:14:50

Sister in law used to be Head of Costume at a well known art college. It’s an old building with loos dotted around the place , none of them desinated “ male” or “female”
She went back in September to find all the doors sporting a new sign
“Gender Neutral Toilet”
gringrin

sodapop Sat 17-Mar-18 17:10:45

Made me laugh too MissA

I agree, what a load of pretentious crap rubbish.
Children must be totally bewildered by all this stuff being thrown at them. Nowadays there is no time just to be a child it seems.

Jalima1108 Sat 17-Mar-18 15:57:40

So his mother has decided that he is genderless, as he is too young to have decided for himself before puberty.

farview Sat 17-Mar-18 15:48:28

I agree Moocow it's nuts!!!!

Moocow Sat 17-Mar-18 15:44:44

You know when people used to say the world has gone mad? Well it seems to me, the world really has

farview Sat 17-Mar-18 15:35:26

A little boy in my dgd's class,they're 10,refers to himself as 'genderless'!!! His mum told him to do so as he prefers to play with the girls,doesn't like 'boys'....hmm

Chewbacca Sat 17-Mar-18 15:31:16

Oh MissA! Brilliant! grin

MissAdventure Sat 17-Mar-18 15:24:36

I laughed my tits off! blush

Fairydoll2030 Sat 17-Mar-18 15:11:26

Oh dear, laughed so much my wi**y went stiff! blush

Jalima1108 Sat 17-Mar-18 15:07:35

grin

MissAdventure Sat 17-Mar-18 15:06:20

Would that be classed as 'gender fluid'? grin

NanaandGrampy Sat 17-Mar-18 15:06:08

What a load of old tosh!!

I understand if you feel the need to transition to a different gender but being ‘fluid’ is pretty much the most rubbish I’ve heard the world subscribing to !

Jalima1108 Sat 17-Mar-18 15:04:50

and produced sperm too Fairydoll

MissAdventure Sat 17-Mar-18 15:00:33

grin fairydoll

Fairydoll2030 Sat 17-Mar-18 14:59:41

A load of boll**ks

Assume he/she/it still has ‘his’?