Gransnet forums

AIBU

To suggest that on this forum, there is more to be had than politics and games?

(63 Posts)
MawBroon Wed 11-Apr-18 06:43:34

Not everywhere lemongrove my bit of Bucks went back this week.

kittylester Wed 11-Apr-18 06:37:10

The threads might be more 'discussion' and less 'bombardment' now.

As other posters have said, GN is generally a force for good with advice, support, fun etc.

Jalima1108 Tue 10-Apr-18 23:19:29

Where are the schoolboy/girl posters I wonder?
perhaps they are all busy exhausting their grandparents. grin
[worn out]

Jalima1108 Tue 10-Apr-18 23:18:24

and wont now it has lost some of the most vocal leftwingers ,might be a bit one sided
On the other hand, they could be a bit more balanced paddyann, I think there are still some left wing posters to give us their points of view and others who are centre left or just centre right may not be discouraged from posting now that they will not be called 'right wing' at every opportunity.

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 23:15:55

It is the school holidays grin
Where are the schoolboy/girl posters I wonder?

Chewbacca Tue 10-Apr-18 23:03:39

Because I'm easily amused.... I look forward to the regular thread 're plimsols, onesies and "the right footwear". The fast and witty responses from posters have me in tucks of laughter. Roll on the school holidays....

phoenix Tue 10-Apr-18 22:50:56

Thanks for the responses, they reinforce my own beliefs.

Just sorting of sounding out because of comments on some posts on another thread.

MissAdventure Tue 10-Apr-18 22:49:55

Its been a lifeline for me, as well as a source of advice when needed.
Its given me a kick up the bum when it needed kicking, and buoyed me up when I'm down.
P.S - I've laughed like a drain on some of the silly games threads.

nanaK54 Tue 10-Apr-18 22:47:05

Yes, I'll 'third' Chewbecca's post
I have gained much useful info from this forum and have shared some laughs and some sad times too
Oh and <whispers quietly> I like the games grin

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 22:16:55

Wot Chewy says.

Chewbacca Tue 10-Apr-18 22:13:00

typing quickly It definitely is much more than politics. GN is support for those who need it; advice, hints and tips; sharing life experiences, sorrows and funny moments; sharing gardening, cooking and household information; discussing pensions and benefits; discussing topical news items and, of course.... games.

News and politics is of interest to most of us and I think that more people, of all political persuasions, would have joined in more frequently but the atmosphere was, at times in the recent past, acrid to say the least.

paddyann Tue 10-Apr-18 22:02:18

I like politics so I enjoyed the forums ...but there are many other things that catch my attention.To be honest I dont post on politics much now either and wont now it has lost some of the most vocal leftwingers ,might be a bit one sided

phoenix Tue 10-Apr-18 21:54:21

Post while you can, because no doubt it will be regarded as a thread about a thread(s)

hmm