Gransnet forums

AIBU

All I want for Christmas??

(108 Posts)
tanith Tue 04-Dec-18 14:48:50

Teetime flowers

oldbatty Tue 04-Dec-18 14:31:35

Teetime, so very sad and a reminder of what is actually important and it sure as hell isn't matching crockery and prosecco advent calendars.

KatyK Tue 04-Dec-18 14:26:27

Teetime flowers

Teetime Tue 04-Dec-18 14:23:42

All I want is for my son in law to have a peaceful death within the next few days(week) and for my daughter to find some peace and rest so she can morn her husband.

silverlining48 Tue 04-Dec-18 14:16:05

party

3211123rjc Tue 04-Dec-18 14:12:33

Thanks for the suggestion silverlining, Sofa being pulled out from wall nowwink

silverlining48 Tue 04-Dec-18 14:05:18

Children hey? Some Of what you say resounds with me, my dd is always stressed.
Enjoy your Christmas, and if you and your dh are on your own relish the peace and quiet and if you are surprised by the company of your children then .....hide behind the sofa tchgrin

3211123rjc Tue 04-Dec-18 13:28:47

The answer to myself is...some peace from what to do at Christmas. Each year I spend about a week of my life trying to second guess what is happening with the family, who is going where? Will we get to know anytime soon. I give up and then ask the question and get my head bitten off for asking too soon, as they are so busy they haven't given Christmas a thought. My thought is Christmas is no surprise, its the same date every year!! This year we are getting to have Christmas by ourselves, not by our choice, daughter having a crisis with work pressures and missed deadlines and just wants some space, depression has set in and wouldn't be much fun! Son is abroad, has just lost his job and can't afford airfare. Another son who is chef, hates Christmas. So, I am truly fed up, not with having Christmas to ourselves, but with worrying about the family. Can I move Christmas to another date please.