Gransnet forums

AIBU

Breasts bums and muffin tops!

(109 Posts)
phoenix Sun 12-May-19 16:11:12

And what about the tattoos that are on show once the warm weather starts? Some of the bodies that they are on might be best left undecorated!

EllanVannin Sun 12-May-19 15:46:34

Blimey, it'd have to be at least 25 degrees before anything but my face is exposed ! Even then I've got a cardigan at the ready. Although the sun's out and it appears warm, the atmosphere to me still isn't like it is abroad, such as that lovely warmth when you step off a plane and that heat hits you--------lovely.

B9exchange, you're not old-fashioned at all. There's nothing nice nor attractive seeing " half-dressed " young women. Why do they get stroppy if men whistle/pass remarks etc when they're dressed like that ? If it's not to draw attention then why do they " half-dress ?

As for those large women and girls, why wear the wrong things that accentuate the bulges of fat ?

Grammaretto Sun 12-May-19 15:44:06

Ha Ha! I know exactly what you mean. It is ugly and distracting at the same time.

I even wonder if I should say something but then again....

What do posters think about strangers removing a stray hair from the back of your jumper or similar? Or telling you you are about to exit the loo with your dress tucked into your knickers?
I was certainly grateful for the latter as I was about to take my seat after the interval.

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 15:02:55

Phoenix...you feel like going over and handing out tips don’t you? 8 out of 10 but more attention to the waist area!!!☺️

B9exchange Sun 12-May-19 14:59:04

I was following a girl in, I think, her twenties yesterday wearing a pair of white cut off shorts, with the bottom of her buttocks peeping out. I am all for people having the right to wear whatever they want, but if it was my daughter, I don't think I would want her to have the kind of attention she was attracting. Perhaps I am just really old fashioned.

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 14:55:40

I am always trying to hide said flab but youngsters just flaunt it?!

BBbevan Sun 12-May-19 14:51:25

Hate men with knobbly hairy feet, in flip-flops, and 'fat' women in vests.

phoenix Sun 12-May-19 14:44:58

I saw a woman today, mid to late fifties at a guess, well groomed and nicely dressed. BUT, although she was quite trim, she had chosen to wear a top that displayed a couple of inches of wobbly, overhanging tummy!

Such a shame, she had got it "right" in all other respects, but that flesh completely ruined the look.

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 14:29:09

The suns out and it’s that time again!
Can’t stand to see normal men rubber necking (twisting their necks this way and that) yo get a glimpse of young girls wobbly bits, which are more than on show this time of year!
Men’s reactions aside, I just don’t like seeing so much flesh on show, no matter what age or gender!
Before anyone asks, I too was as senseless as today’s youth, and wore revealing clothing in yesteryear!!
I guess things never change really.