Gransnet forums

AIBU

Nigel Farage on Marr show

(160 Posts)
Glenfinnan Sun 12-May-19 19:56:59

What do you make of the interview? Although not agreeing with Farage I did think he had a point about the type of questions asked rather than focusing on the current situation. I think Marr was badly prepared.

GracesGranMK3 Sat 18-May-19 11:19:21

I just wonder how even-handed the rest of the media will be Iam64 I doubt if some of them will even report the findings C4 has made.

Iam64 Sat 18-May-19 10:05:17

Good to see channel 4 news ahead of the game as ever. Will Farage's supporters believe this or chant "fake news" ?!

varian Fri 17-May-19 09:57:16

Nigel Farage’s funding secrets revealed by Channel 4 - £450,000 from Arron Banks - but we still don't know where Banks gets his money

Nigel Farage’s funding secrets revealed

Dinahmo Fri 17-May-19 00:37:45

Just back from a live transmission from Covent Garden hence the delay in responding.

Lemongrove - I was not instructing but merely suggesting. There is a difference.

GG13 - I have not suggested policing the thread - merely not responding to some of the rather silly remarks that are made by certain people because it's a waste of time.

If the cap fits.......... Actually the people that I had in mind haven't responded. So that's good.

Bridgeit Thu 16-May-19 22:16:29

Have a great holiday GG , but remember Gnet is not a job or a career , we can take a at break anytime .

Urmstongran Thu 16-May-19 18:13:09

Sounds perfect GG13!
?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-May-19 18:09:43

Urmstongran yet another evening sitting in the sun with a glass of chilled white.

Fortunately we have a 3 generation holiday very soon so I shall be taking a well earned break from GN

Urmstongran Thu 16-May-19 17:57:54

How’s your blood pressure GG13?
?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 16-May-19 17:34:29

Channel 4 news looking into Farage the spiv’s funding this evening

Whitewavemark2 Thu 16-May-19 17:18:13

Sayings of the great one

mobile.twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1129052784899350529/photo/1

Nonnie Thu 16-May-19 17:12:59

GG you said "Nonnie I did not insight (SIC) another poster to ignore people. No inciting, just a simple support for someone else's opinion with which I agreed.

Can you really not see that your criticism of us is policing the thread???? Smacks of desperation from those who can't/won't answer a simple question.

Incidentally, it hasn't closed down!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-May-19 17:06:58

Nonnie I did not insight another poster to ignore people it was Dinahmo at 16.28 with which you agreed at 16.43.

I would not dream of “policing a thread”.......my question was why do you and Dinahmo want to “police” this thread?

Nonnie Thu 16-May-19 17:00:47

GG are you proposing to set the rules about what we can say to each other? Why are you trying to police this thread? I'm respecting your opinions but you are not respecting ours! Oh yes, one rule for one view and another for a different one.

I suspect I will be closing down a few threads because of asking Leavers to give me reasons to change my vote. Seems to have happened in the past when I've asked.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-May-19 16:57:30

I respect other people’s opinions I like to think that other people could respect mine.

Closing down a debate by saying “just ignore them” ?

Are you intending to police all GN threads or just the ones you disagree with?

This is to Dinahmo and Nonnie

Lily65 Thu 16-May-19 16:51:00

I won't be changing my mind about NF being an opportunistic,racist.

Nonnie Thu 16-May-19 16:43:03

Dina take no notice! If you ask for constructive information you get told you don't agree or that you have already made up your mind. It feels as if they have some sort of agenda and have to twist what you say instead of taking it at face value as intended. If that is not the case, there is only one conclusion to come to sad

lemongrove Thu 16-May-19 16:40:03

Dinahmo Am thinking that ‘not listening’ ( to you) and ‘not having anything constructive to say’ actually means not agreeing with your own views..
after all, I too,can think of a few posters which if they weren’t on here, would result in extremely short threads wink but I wouldn't dream of instructing others to ‘ignore’
Them, GN should be better than that.

Nonnie Thu 16-May-19 16:30:47

Dina grin

Dinahmo Thu 16-May-19 16:28:05

Looking through this and other Brexit/political related topics again I've come to the conclusion that there are 2 people on here who don't want to listen and don't have anything constructive to say. So perhaps we ought to ignore them and not dignify their posts with a response. I suspect that the threads would get shorter.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 15-May-19 16:49:13

Farage vote for leave 34%

Every other party not voting for Farage 66%

No brainer.

Nonnie Wed 15-May-19 16:38:49

GG not a chance, they will all say they won and put a spin on the result whatever it is!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-May-19 12:52:40

trisher I understand your point of view. My cross on the ballot paper was entirely a”protest vote”.

In an ideal world this whole sorry mess shall be sorted and they will never take their seats in the European Parliament.

Letters to MPs have been consistently ignored!!! I truly hope if NF’s party win a lot of seats our “Muppets (MPs) will suddenly wake up and start governing again!!!

Nonnie Wed 15-May-19 12:10:56

Just watched an old video of NF boasting about how, by cheating on his expenses, he earns about £250,000 a year from his EU salary! Must be more now. One of his cheats was to pay his wife for working for him which is illegal. Does a leopard change its spots?

trisher Wed 15-May-19 12:03:17

GG13 I can understand your frustration but not your decision to support Farage and the political party that isn't any such thing? There has been a lot of disgust expressed on GN about Labour and anti-semitism, yet you are prepared to forgive a man who in his youth sang "Gas 'em all" and still has links with right wing fascists? I'm afraid I don't understand that.

Nonnie Wed 15-May-19 11:39:18

Yes trisher I mentioned OM on one of these threads. so glad you have too.