Gransnet forums

AIBU

Nigel Farage on Marr show

(159 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 12-May-19 22:47:29

We all see what we want to see I suppose.

I’m glad he’s come forward to further the Brexit cause. He wouldn’t have needed to if we had left, as promised ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’ on 29th March!

May has betrayed the whole country- whichever side you voted in 2016. The vassal treaty is a disgrace. We need someone who will at least fight Britain's corner, and not capitulate to Brussels.

Bridgeit Sun 12-May-19 22:46:18

I agree with you Grandma70s.
Some might interpret his demeanour as strength & decisiveness IMO it is an overinflated Ego, brashness & a disregard for stability.

GracesGranMK3 Sun 12-May-19 22:41:38

I thought he was dire too Grandma70s. The questioning was no different to the way any politician is questioned. What they have said in the past is also brought up. He just didn't have any answers. He couldn't be clear on the NHS, etc either, and looked rattled to me.

Urmstongran Sun 12-May-19 22:11:31

Amazing that Marr thought going through a list of Farage quotes from years ago was the best interview technique to explore why the Brexit Party could be the largest party in the EU elections next week.

All it showed was his personal prejudice against Leaving the EU and animosity towards Farage.

The crucial point is that Farage has always supported leaving the Customs Union and Single Market and replacing with a Free Trade Agreement instead.

The May/EU Withdrawal agreement is staying effectively in both without any voting rights, so as Farage says is the worst possible outcome. It’s why no one likes it and it won’t pass (again) when re-presented to the HoC!

Grandma70s Sun 12-May-19 21:58:08

Well, that’s all interesting to read. I thought Farage was dire. Loud, aggressive, easily riled, a sad blustering little man. Embarrassing to have him as a spokesman for our country.

eazybee Sun 12-May-19 21:28:34

A brilliant performance. I am tired of Marr's constant interruptions when supposedly interviewing, (and have complained and received apologies from the BBC about this); this morning he got a taste of his own medicine. I watch the programme because I want to hear the guests' opinions, not those of the BBC, and make my own mind up; the repetition of clips from the past was not relevant to the issue under discussion which is the perceived abuse of democracy. As Farage said, where are the BBC when he is campaigning; important to hear just what he is saying and form our own judgement.

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 21:23:03

Well said Urm. I too will support the Brexit Party for the European elections, it can’t be worse than any of the others.

Urmstongran Sun 12-May-19 20:25:04

I watched this interview and found it to be a complete farce. Even after asking Andrew Marr to ask him about current politics, he just kept asking historic issues.

I believe Andrew Marr was a bit embarrassed by it all towards the end.

Just remember the Brexit party was only created 4 weeks ago and is concentrating on the European elections. The party only needs one line on its manifesto and that is Brexit. Everything else will come as the party evolves and gets candidates to fight a general election.

Some people want to knock him down when we have a complete train crash in parliament at the moment who have consistently lied and hashed the truth. I am supporting the Brexit party and they may come to nothing and be just like the rest when the it comes to the crunch. The truth is we just don¿t know with them but we certainly know what we are getting at the moment and that is just not good enough.

Glenfinnan Sun 12-May-19 19:56:59

What do you make of the interview? Although not agreeing with Farage I did think he had a point about the type of questions asked rather than focusing on the current situation. I think Marr was badly prepared.