Gransnet forums

AIBU

Boris’s Grope?

(173 Posts)
Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 13:42:02

It has come to light that Decades ago apparently he groped the leg of a female, If true should he taken to task about now.?

lemongrove Mon 30-Sep-19 13:43:49

So, she waited twenty years and on the first day of the Conservative conference to ‘remember’ this did she?!

Urmstongran Mon 30-Sep-19 13:44:31

From something that ‘allegedly’ happened what, 20 years ago? Sheesh.

Why now?

I suspect mud slinging, in the hope some sticks.

Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 13:44:32

Exactly what I was thinking

LondonGranny Mon 30-Sep-19 13:47:33

A Tory minister has backed her up.
Let's face it, he's a serial womaniser.

Oopsminty Mon 30-Sep-19 13:48:10

Why has she not mentioned it before?

Anniebach Mon 30-Sep-19 13:52:51

Suppose she has been traumatised for 20 years, and just
coincidence she found the courage to speak out now. !

Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 13:54:24

Apparently a lot of flesh was grabbed?

LondonGranny Mon 30-Sep-19 13:58:09

It was at a Spectator lunch (so hardly a hot-bed of lefties). She did say something at the time and discovered he'd done exactly the same to another woman at the same lunch. Matt Hancock has backed her up.

Firecracker123 Mon 30-Sep-19 13:58:43

Bridgeit don't get too excited thinking about it ?

Firecracker123 Mon 30-Sep-19 14:01:36

Project let's smear Boris, we'll get him one way or the other. I bet she is a remainer I'd put money on it.

Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 14:03:25

I will try not to?
On a serious note this lady does a disservice to woman who have truly suffered at the hands of an unwanted encounter with a man .

Day6 Mon 30-Sep-19 14:04:07

Apparently Major when in office got jiggy with Edwina Curry on the PM's desk in number 10....

We all know about Clinton and his oral sex adventures. One questions this woman's motives and timing - or should.

I do not care about the private matters of our MPs. They can be as frivolous or as kinky as they like in their own time, but the public DO expect Boris to deliver Brexit and our Parliament to respect democracy.

LondonGranny Mon 30-Sep-19 14:06:22

So why is Matt Hancock backing her up?

Firecracker123 Mon 30-Sep-19 14:09:04

It turns out she is Robert Pestons girlfriend.

SirChenjin Mon 30-Sep-19 14:11:08

Between this and all his other low life behaviour he’s certainly coming across as an utter sleaze bag who lies and cheats his way through life. Not a man to be trusted with a goldfish let alone the role of PM.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Sep-19 14:12:10

She is Robert Pestons girlfriend.

Doodledog Mon 30-Sep-19 14:12:47

On a serious note this lady does a disservice to woman who have truly suffered at the hands of an unwanted encounter with a man.

Not as much of a disservice as the routine disbelief of other women, particularly those who think the man concerned can do no wrong.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Sep-19 14:12:51

Sorry firecracker crossed posts

Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 14:13:28

One can only speculate on that ,perhaps more will be revealed
BUT why now ? Are there no depths that they will go to to discredit each other, really someone should tell them not to bother , there is no need as they manage to do that themselves every time they speak !

Ilovecheese Mon 30-Sep-19 14:19:50

But these sort of references to Boris Johnson 's behaviour towards women are not new are they. It is some years since Amber Rudd said he was not someone you wished to have a lift home with. So to pretend that women have been waiting until now to say these sorts of things is just not true.
I just do not understand why some women always take the side of the man when these allegations are made.

Bridgeit Mon 30-Sep-19 14:20:37

I Don’t think anyone is saying that the man can do no wrong.
It is wondering why it is being brought up now.

SirChenjin Mon 30-Sep-19 14:24:31

Perhaps because she thought ‘why not let everyone know that this has been going on for years’ when she saw the other reports?

Either way, does it matter? The question should be ‘why does this man think this sort of behaviour is acceptable?’

Oopsminty Mon 30-Sep-19 14:26:16

It was in her first column she wrote for the Times. Obviously wanted it to be memorable.

Frightening thing is that a woman can claim something and it gets splashed all over the media when nobody can provide evidence.

ilovecheese. Why would you automatically believe the women in cases like this?

I'm not defending Boris particularly. I just don't like accusations being made when there's no way they can be proved or disproved.

Oopsminty Mon 30-Sep-19 14:28:47

"Perhaps because she thought ‘why not let everyone know that this has been going on for years’ when she saw the other reports?"

I don't think so! This is a media savvy women who is dating Peston.

It's quite obvious that she's done this in order to mud sling and get people to read her new column.

Surprised the Times printed it actually.