Gransnet forums

AIBU

Who knows where I can buy some

(60 Posts)
Gemini1789 Tue 01-Oct-19 17:05:34

Warm trousers ? I'm always cold when everyone else is warm . In the house I have already started wearing pj bottoms but I feel like I haven’t got dressed. It would be good to hear of recommendations for decent ones I could wear outside.

Happygirl79 Mon 03-Feb-20 11:16:34

Layer up
Thick tights then leggings then trousers
I'm always cold!

KitKatt Mon 03-Feb-20 10:36:04

I wear jeans and thermal underwear every fall and winter. The only thing that can beat this combination is ski or snowboarding wear, but that's less comfortable to wear every day.
Though wearing pajama pants is an interesting idea, thanks for that, but still, consider getting thermal underwear like this. I would also advise some hiking socks as an option.

SparklyGrandma Fri 01-Nov-19 00:45:51

I bought some warm Bon Marche trousers 2 weeks ago. They are warm and cosy.

DoraMarr Tue 29-Oct-19 18:04:08

Uniqlo have some warm trousers.

DillytheGardener Tue 29-Oct-19 16:22:46

Cashmere jogging pants are heavenly, if you want to splurge!

planete Tue 29-Oct-19 16:18:09

I wear lined walking trousers from Costwold Outdoors or Millets. Great for walking the dogs, probably not so much for a coffee morning.

Daisymae Mon 28-Oct-19 16:58:00

Cord trousers get my vote. Much warmer than jeans. Lands end do some with elasticated waist, I usually buy them with a discount code. Still not cheap but worth it.

timetogo2016 Mon 28-Oct-19 16:53:11

Wear long johns under your trousers or pj`s.
No one will see them and they are sooooo warm.

sarahanew Sun 06-Oct-19 11:29:12

Fleece lined leggings are lush and you could wear them underneath another pair of trousers. You'll be so toasty you'll be wanting to turn the heating down!

Izabella Fri 04-Oct-19 08:53:54

Try looking at the Rohan website. I have their Winter Roamers. Beautifully warm fleece lined .

Gemini1789 Thu 03-Oct-19 22:39:35

Lots of good ideas. Many thanks everyone.

maddyone Thu 03-Oct-19 14:24:33

Get some thermal underwear from M+S or Amazon, buy the full set which includes long john type pants and wear them your trousers.
I wear jeans in the winter, I find they keep me warm.

NfkDumpling Thu 03-Oct-19 07:28:08

Thermal leggings. I’ve got thin ones which look like ordinary leggings. Worn with fleece lined trousers from Lands End and double layered socks. The socks are wool with cotton linings which I got as I can’t wear wool next to my skin but I’ve no idea who makes them. They’re wonderful!

starbird Thu 03-Oct-19 04:03:57

I wear fleece trousers from Lands End or Damart - ok to wear out shopping, I live in them in winter, but will be looking in Primark too now in view of all the suggestions.

yogagran Thu 03-Oct-19 01:56:41

Take a look at
www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/women/featured/heattech
They sell really cosy clothes and their underwear is so warm but thin enough to be good under other layers

Bijou Wed 02-Oct-19 23:00:15

What will you all do when winter really comes? I did put a heater on yesterday and have been wearing a dress and had bare legs but today because I had to go shopping and the forecast said 12C I put on a warm skirt, top and light fleece jacket. Bare legs. Never wear trousers. Tights when I go out if it is cold.
I live in a small bungalow in Norfolk with storage heaters which keep the place warm day and night.

petalmoore Wed 02-Oct-19 21:55:19

I never used to feel the cold, but all that changed when I became disabled, so I tried thermal long johns under slim leg jersey trousers. Since they're both knitted they tended not to move independently and I couldn’t pull them down or up without them pulling at each other, making everything twisted and with lumpy wrinkles. Once I got them off I told myself to save the thermals for woven fabric trousers. And never leggings. But since I use a wheelchair I can keep warm by having a rug over my legs or a lined wheelchair raincoat with a hood if it’s wet. But that always becomes a hothouse inside.

narrowboatnan Wed 02-Oct-19 21:49:32

I have three pairs of beautifully warm, fluffy lined leggings from Primark. They are the large size, look tiny but stretch for miles! Wouldn’t be without them in the winter months

Happiyogi Wed 02-Oct-19 21:08:39

I used to have a very expensive pair of lined wool trousers (but bought in John Lewis's sale) which were the warmest things I've ever owned. You could actually feel the warmth as you pulled them on! Sadly I got too small for them but still miss them when the weather turns nippy.

Hetty58 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:29:26

Oh, and I almost forgot, fleece-lined boots worn as house slippers!

Hetty58 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:14:11

Confession time. When it gets chilly (like today) I dig out my three pairs of stretchy, loose yoga pants and wear fleecy pyjama bottoms underneath them (tucked into my socks) - bliss!

I also have two pairs of loose, fleece-lined trousers from Chums (online shop for oldies). I live in these things (plus jumpers) until spring - unless I want to look smart for an occasion. I dislike leggings (unless loose) as I find them uncomfortable.

I even have two fleece blankets, sewn together at sides and shoulders, to pop over my clothes on chilly evenings - otherwise a dressing gown goes on!

In my defence, I live in a large and chilly house and dog walk twice a day!

Bluedaisy Wed 02-Oct-19 18:52:24

I wear LauRie trousers which are brushed fleece lined in the winter. They do them in several colours and you can get them from
LauRie.co.uk unfortunately they are quite expensive but to be honest you get what you pay for in terms of fabulous fit, stretch and quality. They introduced fleeced lining 3 years ago and they are all I wear in the winter, cosy!

Strutgran Wed 02-Oct-19 18:49:21

Rab polartec leggings are warm and stretchy, worth every penny in my opinion.

stewaris Wed 02-Oct-19 18:39:35

I didn't buy them but I saw fleece lined black tights, the heavy opaque ones, in John Lewis last winter.

sunnydayindorset Wed 02-Oct-19 16:42:52

I volunteer at an really old building as a guide. I tried M&S thermal tights last winter and they were brilliant, also have used their thermal leggings under trousers/joggers , and thermal long sleeved tops under jumpers. If I need more thermals, I will investigate Uniqlo