Gransnet forums

AIBU

Children's bras

(60 Posts)
notanan2 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:11:53

notanan2 - these bras are tiny, I'd say pre-teen

Okay. I just would hope it was something like that not thd alternative I guess y'know sad

GrandmaMoira Tue 12-Nov-19 21:04:16

Also whilst in M&S looking for suitable bras as my DGD is too big for their Angel teen range, they told me that young girls should not wear underwired bras. They are bad for growing girls - I guess like outgrown shoes.

GrandmaMoira Tue 12-Nov-19 21:00:50

My young grandaughter likes padded bras as they cover her up. Some other bras are quite see through. She is pre teen but like many girls now is an early developer, definitely not an AA cup.

Harris27 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:47:10

Crop tops are popular too I hate them. And my two granddaughters seem to be in the thought their grown up if they have one 8 and 11.

jura2 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:20:24

Really really sad. Yes, those are for pre teens and pre nipples.

boheminan Tue 12-Nov-19 20:04:04

notanan2 - these bras are tiny, I'd say pre-teen

notanan2 Tue 12-Nov-19 19:58:34

I always went for padded as a tean as they conceal errect nipples which I was conscious about.

I hated non padded as I felt exposed in teeshirts etc where the nipple can poke out

tanith Tue 12-Nov-19 19:42:39

My daughters has had the devils own job to find first bras for my GD that aren’t padded it’s totally ridiculous. What are these people thinking?

Sussexborn Tue 12-Nov-19 19:39:54

I noticed padded bras in the M&S children’s section today!

boheminan Tue 12-Nov-19 19:32:00

The other day I had a wander round the local Peacock store with my daughter.

We stopped to browse the children's underwear area, where I was stopped in my tracks by a display of children's bras, tiny size 28"AA's. However what I can't get out of my mind is that the cups were padded. Why??? Is it just me being silly but do little girls need padded bras? Are they seen as some sort of armour against any knocks in the chest, or (more sinister in my thoughts) to make their little breasts appear bigger.

I do realise that some young women may have the tiny bodies of children, but these garments are being displayed in the children's clothing section and small sizes of bras are also displayed separately in the adults area.