Gransnet forums

AIBU

Small things that annoy me.

(185 Posts)
NanKate Fri 27-Dec-19 20:51:12

Gregory Porter’s daft hat, he does have a good voice though.

Shop assistants who say ‘See you later’ when you are a complete stranger to them.

Gemini1789 Fri 27-Dec-19 20:56:04

Who’s Gregory Porter ?

Urmstongran Fri 27-Dec-19 20:56:38

People who describe their partner as their soulmate.

Gemini1789 Fri 27-Dec-19 21:08:45

Me too for that one.
And women who identify as ‘Fred’s wife ‘ and don’t have their own email address.

PS found Gregory Porter on YT. You learn something new everyday on here.

DoraMarr Fri 27-Dec-19 21:10:27

Gregory Porter: "I’ve had some surgery on my skin, so this has been my look for a little while and will continue to be for awhile longer. People recognise me by it now. It is what it is."
So, it is for medical reasons.

GagaJo Fri 27-Dec-19 21:12:29

Urmstongran, that one makes me want to gag. Urgh. Get a room and spare the rest of us.

Mrs. Fred. Jones. Eh? Don't you have a name.

People that don't move over on the path when you're on a collision course. Better hope I'm not having an off day or you'll be bumped into.

People who are arrogant enough to dominate conversations without listening to others. It's a 2 way street, and if it isn't I'm not going to listen to you.

SirChenjin Fri 27-Dec-19 21:18:16

So many things...

People who say phone numbers wrong, i.e. it should be 07865 123456 and not 078 65123 45 6

People who call their dogs ‘furbabies’

Shop assistants who don’t acknowledge you and continue speaking to their colleagues while they serve you

Frost on my windscreen that doesn’t look like frost until I start driving and then I realise I can’t see - this usually happens when I’m running late

Losing my keys. I do this all the time and it drives me insane.

I could go on and on but I’ll spare you all. I seem to be irritated a lot nowadays - hopefully it’s just a phase and the HRT will sort me out grin

GagaJo Fri 27-Dec-19 21:22:40

If that's the case SirChenJin, my daughter needs HRT and she's not 40 yet.

SirChenjin Fri 27-Dec-19 21:51:36

Oh dear... grin

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Dec-19 22:21:44

Yep all of the above - oh and being called darling by perfect strangers.

JenniferEccles Fri 27-Dec-19 22:37:58

Being referred to as ‘you guys’ when I am obviously female?

Another annoying Americanism.

Esther1 Fri 27-Dec-19 22:45:48

Radio dedications - I’m sorry but I don’t want to listen to lists of names and lovey dovey declarations to somebody I don’t know.

Bellanonna Fri 27-Dec-19 22:51:20

Drivers who don’t thank me when I pull in to let them pass.

kircubbin2000 Fri 27-Dec-19 22:51:33

A woman on Twitter who lights a candle every few hours and posts to tell us.eg a candle for lonely people, a candle for the poor. I feel like telling her she is wasting her time.

BradfordLass72 Sat 28-Dec-19 04:34:01

Normally I am not irritated by very much but lately I'm sick to the back teeth of people who allow themselves to be put upon, taken advantage of (often by their husbands who treat them like servants/waitresses) and meekly accept it all - and then complain about it.

If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, from anyone, take steps to change or stop it.

Complaining solves nothing.
Although it's a fairly good way of getting sympathy.

But not from me.

shysal Sat 28-Dec-19 07:37:21

People who stand at the supermarket check-out, watch their items pass through, then start packing, followed by a scrabble in pockets or bag for payment card or cash. Grr!

supernannyjane Sat 28-Dec-19 07:50:19

People saying 'can I get...' when ordering in cafes and restaurants.

BlueBelle Sat 28-Dec-19 07:57:18

I take exception (not much exception) to the telephone number annoyance in your post Sirchen I have to remember my number in a certain sequence it’s 0 xxx xx xx xxx if someone says it back to me in a difference sequence I am completely thrown
However you ll be thrilled to know I totally agree on the fur baby and over the rainbow bridge stuff it drives me scatty I can’t stand it
When shop assistants say ‘see you soon’ or ‘have a wonderful day’ I have a huge urge to say ‘ no you won’t’ or ‘why should I’

What really annoys me is people who make every tiny happening into a HUGE drama It’s very waring and I just can’t play into it I have a lot of empathy for most people but there are some who just dative you nuts

Joelsnan Sat 28-Dec-19 08:00:38

People who put dirty pots in the empty sink. They the all have to be lifted out again to be washed.

shysal I so agree on the checkout thing.

hillwalker70 Sat 28-Dec-19 08:01:18

I am quite deaf even with wearing hearing aids but apparently it is hilarious and am the butt of many jokes. Also women who say “my husband looks after all of that”, I want to put my hands around their necks and squeeze the life breath out of them with my bare hands.

Calendargirl Sat 28-Dec-19 08:01:35

Waiters, or anyone really, who stack used plates on top of ones with food underneath instead of scraping the left over food off first.
Washers up at social functions who use about an inch of grubby water to wash dozens of cups and saucers instead of using fresh every now and again, (and yes, I DO wash up or dry myself if possible).
People who pile their plates up at buffet meals then leave most of it.
Oh dear, looks like most of my gripes relate to eating!

harrigran Sat 28-Dec-19 08:29:18

Fur babies.
You guys.
See you later.
Younger people saying " bless " when I make a statement as if older people were incapable of saying anything intelligent.
Bad table manners.

H1954 Sat 28-Dec-19 08:35:25

Social media "chain messages" threatening us with bad luck if we don't send it on to ten friends including the one who sent it to us!
We used to get these on post cards as children; our mum used to burn them!

TrendyNannie6 Sat 28-Dec-19 08:41:53

Leaving the toilet seat up. The words babes, you guys, whatever, see ya laters. My list goes on

Esspee Sat 28-Dec-19 08:45:52

People who mispronounce assume as ashume. When I first noticed this I assumed it was a speech impediment, now I hear it all the time even from well educated people. Always want to ask them how they pronounce assumption.