Gransnet forums

AIBU

In praise Of Prince Harry & Prince William(please read)

(158 Posts)
Bridgeit Sat 18-Jan-20 20:43:38

At 35yrs old, Prince Harry has served 10yrs in the Army , fought in Afghanistan
Started the Invictus games for wounded soldiers
Walked across the South Pole
Raised Hundreds of millions for charities
Helped raise 1 billion for 9/11
Supporter of 24 Charities
Lost his mother at a young age,( as did William)
William has also been exemplary in all he does.
If he is happy with Meghan , living somewhere else , good luck to him,he deserves it.
Time to give them a little respect.

Callistemon Sat 01-Feb-20 17:02:02

They can want all they like.
It just shows how little they understand.

lemongrove Sat 01-Feb-20 16:32:28

grin

lucywinter Sat 01-Feb-20 16:28:23

Yes well, the younger generation can go fly a kite. It doesn't work like that. Charles will make a fine king.

wicklowwinnie Sat 01-Feb-20 16:12:29

I have heard so many of the younger generation are saying they want William and Kate to follow the Queen on the throne.

Anniebach Sat 01-Feb-20 15:23:43

I don’t think he sued,he made a complaint

eazybee Sat 01-Feb-20 15:04:28

Who is advising this silly couple in their attempts to sue newspapers for libel? I wonder what the costs were for this case, and who is paying?

The same people presumably who thought that they could present their demands for being half-royal with most of the money and little of the work, and the Queen would accept it.

Jane10 Sat 01-Feb-20 14:39:03

He lost the case. Its therefore not libel. Good riddance to him and his 'sleb' partner.
Good for all the other members of the Royal family dutifully doing their best every day quietly and conscienciously.

lucywinter Sat 01-Feb-20 13:50:53

(Obviously not the losing his mother thing. But perhaps time to let that go?

lucywinter Sat 01-Feb-20 13:48:50

All those things mentioned in the OP are things young men often enjoy doing. Bit of a shame he walked out on the everyday boring old slog.

Disappointing IMO, but it's his life.

Anniebach Sat 01-Feb-20 13:31:50

Harry has lost one complaint against The Mail on Sunday

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/30/prince-harry-loses-mail-on-sunday-complaint-over-sedated-wildlife-photos

Nanachat Sat 01-Feb-20 13:06:59

At age 35 HMQ Elizabeth had been on the throne almost 10 years so she wins. I’m not sure Harry or Williams achievements can compare with that.

I’m not a royalist but I think PH and his wife should have shown the Queen more respect. Releasing a statement announcing that they will collaborate with the Queen hmm and forcing her into public action was, in my view, disrespectful and with illusions of grandeur.

Her actions and statement were perfectly delivered and leave the door open for Harry.

I believe Meghan decided she was not returning to the UK and didn’t even put up a united front with Harry.

I would never leave my husband to face life changing decisions and / or difficult talks on his own. While she could not be part of the actual talks and decision making, she could have been at home with him and their son to offer support and comfort. However by leaving Archie in Canada she clearly had no intention of staying.

Bringing Archie home to spend time with his grandparents and cousins etc before leaving the UK together as a family would have demonstrated a more united front, a plan, a new beginning.

As it happened it looks more like Meghan has flounced from the UK and left Harry trailing behind to mop up the mess and catch up with her.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 11:52:58

What has the British press printed that is libellous *Alexa ?

Alexa Fri 24-Jan-20 11:43:06

True indeed Anniebach. Harry and Meghan have a huge legal fight on their hands. If they don't win at least they will have drawn public attention to the horrible libel that gets printed by the sensationalist press, and all to make money out of human misery.
H and M are not miserable and have much to feel joyful about and it takes strong people to combat something entrenched like the gutter press.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 11:31:18

He will not make the journalists disappear, he has left himself
more exposed , now has the Canadian and American media to
deal with.

Alexa Fri 24-Jan-20 11:27:16

I wish strength and fortitude to Harry as he tries to make gutter journalism disappear. This would be a great moral progress. The media are too powerful to be owned by immoral persons.

chaffinch Fri 24-Jan-20 10:19:34

Jaycee5

I don’t think she’s given it a good try in all honesty, they haven’t been married two years. I’m sure it hasn’t helped having a baby straightaway. She needed more time to learn the ropes before becoming a mother maybe.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 10:03:23

It seems those who praise the couple are republicans

Iam64 Fri 24-Jan-20 08:38:10

Exactly Jaycee5, nothing they do is acceptable to some, so here's hoping they can go on together and build a better life.

Jaycee5 Thu 23-Jan-20 22:43:58

Callistemon Well said. That was exactly my thought. Harry needed an escape and she provided it. I don't think that it was their intention when they married and she gave it a good try but I don't see how they could carry on as it was.
I hope it works out for them.
Whatever they do they are being criticised so they just have to plough on.

Nezumi65 Thu 23-Jan-20 22:32:52

Quite agree OP. I wish them well.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 22:30:04

Nothing we haven't already heard/seen.

Goodness knows why they call it 'Secrets'

Bridgeit Thu 23-Jan-20 20:39:27

9.00 pm.ITV, secrets of the Royals

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 11:57:31

Was it at the expense of others ? Both their partners had affairs

William cannot renounced it on behalf of his children.

Edward didn’t have children when he abdicated, who knows
what would have happened if he did later have a child.

wicklowwinnie Thu 23-Jan-20 10:46:35

But people do find happiness at the expense of others though!
Charles and Camilla ?

EMMF1948 Thu 23-Jan-20 10:35:58

*He won’t , but if he did the next in line is George, I don’t think
William can do a thing about this.*

Not sure, when Edward VIII abdicated he renounced the title for him and 'my heirs and successors', maybe William could renounce it on behalf of his children too.