AIBU

Colourful chalk on brick walls

(115 Posts)
BlueBelle Sat 18-Apr-20 07:39:44

Haven’t seen any our way perhaps I ll have to start a trend oh dear no chalks

bikergran Sat 18-Apr-20 07:21:21

"images" of course

bikergran Sat 18-Apr-20 07:21:00

Google street/pavement artists...truly inspiring especially the 3D ones.

SirChenjin Fri 17-Apr-20 23:36:38

I love seeing children’s chalk drawings, always brings a smile to my face. Mine are too old for them now sadly but they used to spends hours working on them with their friends as I did when I was young. Chalk washes off in the rain, it’ll be gone in the next shower.

Grannynannywanny Fri 17-Apr-20 22:59:07

My grandkids effort earlier this week. I enjoyed a video call watching the work in progress

Chewbacca Fri 17-Apr-20 22:47:55

Ditto * Kittye*

Kittye Fri 17-Apr-20 22:43:36

Did it all the time when I was a child .... first sign of rain it was washed away. I did live in Manchester though ?

Chewbacca Fri 17-Apr-20 22:34:42

Someone in our local park has chalked a keep fit course on the pathway! Hopscotch, bunny leaps, jumping from one square to another; its brilliant! So many people, adults and children alike, have done it as they've been out for their daily excercise. Must have taken them ages to chalk it all in as it goes on for quite a long way.

tanith Fri 17-Apr-20 22:08:04

Of course it will wash off as soon as it rains.

Rosieroe Fri 17-Apr-20 22:00:53

I remember writing on chalk on our red brick house when I was a child and my mother had an awful time trying to get it cleaned.

CherryCezzy Fri 17-Apr-20 21:34:45

We used to draw hopscotch "grids" in chalk on the pavement outside my mother's house when I was a child, it washed off easily.

Grannynannywanny Fri 17-Apr-20 21:29:36

It’s water soluble and should wash off in a shower of rain. My grandkids draw on the garden slabs and it’s gone by morning if it rains. Vertical walls might need a little help with the garden hose

NfkDumpling Fri 17-Apr-20 21:27:59

DGD has no walls to chalk on so drew pictures on the pavement outside instead. It’s not often kids get permission to do graffiti!

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 21:23:45

Chalk washes off.

I used to let the DGC chalk all over our paths and it always washed off in the rain.

Rosieroe Fri 17-Apr-20 21:07:59

I am seeing photos everywhere of people’s houses where they have been busy colouring in the bricks with chalk as a sign of support for the NHS.
Whilst it looks lovely and colourful at the moment am I the only one thinking about how they will have a dreadful time trying to clean it off in the future and will look absolutely awful.