Gransnet forums

AIBU

Old fencing dumped in woods

(30 Posts)
Baggs Mon 18-May-20 12:19:48

At least it's not plastic. Wood rots.

midgey Mon 18-May-20 12:11:48

I have noticed this in a the park where I walk my dog, the new owners of houses that back onto the park have dumped slabs, fencing and a huge pile of conifer chippings. Now I think about it it could be the owners are unaware of what happened to their rubbish, do your neighbours walk in the woods?

tanith Mon 18-May-20 11:14:10

Sorry I meant to add that you could say another neighbour has also commented when you bumped into them in the wood on your walk.

tanith Mon 18-May-20 11:12:32

I’d have to say something like, I hope he’s coming back for all the rubbish he’s dumped over the back, just maybe they don’t realise what he’s done.

Trisha57 Mon 18-May-20 11:09:39

Our neighbours have recently had new fencing installed. Instead of removing the old fence panels from the premises, the installer has just dumped them in the woods right behind our gardens. They are not "bad" neighbours, and I know they will ask me what I think of their new fence (which looks lovely, by the way!) Should I tell them that, whilst the fence is very nice, I disapprove of the dumping of the old panels in the woods, or just pretend that I don't realise that is what has been done and fume internally? It really bothers me because I believe this is akin to "fly-tipping" and shouldn't have happened.