Gransnet forums

AIBU

Priority Slot Disappeared!

(56 Posts)
Wibby Thu 21-May-20 09:47:35

With Sainsbury's you get a time limit to complete your shop and if you dont do it within that time your slot vanishes! So now I do a quick rough shop and book it to save that slot then a bit later I can go back in and update my shop knowing the slot is booked. I still have to keep a check on the time limit though as thats always there.

Froglady Thu 21-May-20 09:47:32

Like you, my sister and brother-in-law are both seventy and my brother-inlaw has had leukemia twice so they have been isolating for the whole time. They have had a Waitrose home delivery order every week for the past few years. This carried on 2 or 3 weeks and then they were told that they couldn't have a delivery. My sister went out shopping and when she got home she'd had an email from Waitrose saying they could deliver the next day! I think they now have a Waitrose delivery every 10 days. But it's not fair when you have been relying on sometime to suddenly have your safe world turned upside down by a supermarket when you are doing what the government is telling you to do. Like you, my sister has no family nearby who could get her shopping for them.

Kate1949 Thu 21-May-20 09:40:40

I agree. Try Iceland. They have been brilliant for us.

BlueSky Thu 21-May-20 09:38:14

Try Iceland even if limited it helped us at the very beginning when you couldn't have a slot for love or money from all the other supermarkets!

SANDY2020 Thu 21-May-20 01:12:15

Of your on vunerable list try another supermarket they should help u

Glenfinnan Thu 21-May-20 01:08:09

Like so many we are socially isolating. DH is 76 with chronic lung condition and I’m 70. We have both had the covid19 virus which has left us both under par. I’ve had a Waitrose priority slot for 6/7 weeks which is a godsend as we don’t have any children to shop for us. Suddenly it’s disappeared! I can’t get any slots at all and I’ve tried so many times and at different times ie just after midnight etc etc. I’ve sent emails ( no response) completes another priority form but it takes 21 days for a reply, and tried to ring their customer services but queues so long the calls time out. Has this happened to anyone else? If so do you have any advice please.