Gransnet forums

AIBU

Feeling bad about nephews visit

(59 Posts)
Kim19 Thu 24-Dec-20 08:16:51

I just have to go on accepting and believing that, lemsip, and I do but my other son would not practise this and he doesn't love me one iota less. Bewildering indeed......

lemsip Thu 24-Dec-20 08:05:43

Kim19 Your son is keeping you safe!

Kim19 Thu 24-Dec-20 07:26:45

I had the same with my son yesterday. He just wouldn't come in. Seems thoroughly alien to me but - can't believe I'm saying this - he seems to feel the need to be far more cautious than me. And I'm not careless but.... this takes a bit of getting used to.

Daisymae Thu 24-Dec-20 07:21:34

Because it goes against our natural instinct, especially at this time of year. You did the right thing, most people are in the same position.

Calendargirl Thu 24-Dec-20 07:15:27

Hetty58

People really don't want to be invited in. They shouldn't be on your doorstep either - it's just not safe!

I imagine by ‘on the doorstep’ the OP means a fair distance away from herself whilst stood in the house.

Not a problem I would have thought.

Hetty58 Thu 24-Dec-20 01:38:32

People really don't want to be invited in. They shouldn't be on your doorstep either - it's just not safe!

Summerlove Thu 24-Dec-20 01:34:48

It was the right decision , but definitely hard!

OceanMama Thu 24-Dec-20 01:28:55

I'm sure they understand you'd have invited them in under normal circumstances. It's hard though. It feels unnatural.

Glenfinnan Wed 23-Dec-20 23:51:24

We are being extremely careful with regard to the virus. Common sense and the Government guidelines say no Household mixing which I agree with! Do why did I feel so mean keeping my nephew and his daughter on the doorstep today when they delivered a gift to us!! Mixed up or what!