Siblings using the same spoon and cup at the same time

(58 Posts)
Gigi27 Fri 23-Jul-21 18:28:15

They are 3years and 1 year.

Cold Fri 23-Jul-21 18:28:12

How old are they?

I don't think it matters too much if they are pre-school age

Mollygo Fri 23-Jul-21 18:19:40

Sounds weird to me, but that’s her style of parenting and I wouldn’t comment. I’ve no idea how old they are but if they are old enough for you to take them out for a meal it would be interesting to see what happens.

March Fri 23-Jul-21 18:13:59

I don't think you can, its her way and that's how she chooses to parent.
Maybe they eat better like that?

tanith Fri 23-Jul-21 18:13:47

I honestly don’t think it matters. They’ll catch things from each other anyway is it really worth causing a argument?

BlueBelle Fri 23-Jul-21 18:13:09

How very strange is she trying to cut down on the washing up I wouldn’t worry about germs but are they Siamese twins if not they need ( in my opinion) to be treated as two separate children and each have their own equipment What about when they eat out or at a friends house
Unfortunately if that’s the way they want to do it not much you should or could do about it

Tea3 Fri 23-Jul-21 18:11:41

How strange! Apart from the hygiene aspect, children need to learn how to conduct themselves when eating with others.

Gigi27 Fri 23-Jul-21 18:08:43

My daughter lets her two daughters eat and drink from the same cup and cutlery at the same time. I suggested to her that it would be better if they had their own for each meal. My daughter replies by saying it’s only family germs,but they seem to pass colds and sniffles to each other!
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make her see my concerns, or is this the way they parent these days?