Gransnet forums

AIBU

Eyebrows

(92 Posts)
Redhead56 Thu 16-Sep-21 21:36:48

My eyebrows went worrying about my daughter when she left for university. I have to very lightly pencil them every morning unlike the scouse brows that's the fashion here.

Blossoming Thu 16-Sep-21 18:01:31

My eyebrows have stayed resolutely very dark brown, it’s only my hair that’s going grey!

VioletSky Thu 16-Sep-21 17:30:45

Soroptimum

My eyebrows are going greyer and greyer! Wondering whether to have them dyed - anyone done this?

Mine too, I don't mind my grey hair but I don't want vanishing eyebrows.

My friend recommended just for men beard, she said you can just mix up what you need at a time and it works really quickly. I keep meaning to order some and forgetting

ExDancer Thu 16-Sep-21 17:29:39

Please DON'T cut them Chestnut. My husband's hairdresser cut his and he now has two scrubbing brushes over his eyes.

Soroptimum Thu 16-Sep-21 17:19:11

My eyebrows are going greyer and greyer! Wondering whether to have them dyed - anyone done this?

VioletSky Thu 16-Sep-21 17:17:03

I'm willing to bet most of us had silly eyebrows at some point, I over plucked mine and it took ages to grow them back.

I don't understand fashion and fashion doesn't understand me (I really am past the stage I want my belly hanging out of anything).

Let them get on with it, as long as they feel good about themselves that's the main thing

Chestnut Thu 16-Sep-21 17:09:25

My eyebrows are pretty thin but my problem is the hairs now grow rather long, so I've been plucking them out. That makes them even thinner. My hairdresser says to cut them but that means nasty chunky hairs which might stick out. Not sure what the answer is really. I do put some colour on them but I don't like them too dark as my hair is fair.

DillytheGardener Thu 16-Sep-21 16:36:34

Yes, over thin eyebrows were a trend in the 70’s and the 90’s. I think that trend will come about again IMO. Big feathery eyebrows were fashionable in the 80’s then skinny in we’re on trend in the 90’s presumably in reaction.

Zoejory Thu 16-Sep-21 16:32:17

GagaJo

Weren't they called sperm brows Zoejory? I have a friend who did that to hers and they STILL look like sperms!

Haha!

I never heard that, GagaJo, but yes! That's exactly what they looked like.

That's tickled me, I've just told a close friend from school and she was in pleats as well.

Thanks for the laugh smile

NanKate Thu 16-Sep-21 16:23:52

Another with thinner eyebrows (and with gaps) due to an underactive thyroid ? I spend about 3 mins a day filling in the blank bits but I don’t have slugs either.

It’s pumped up lips and enhanced bottoms I can’t stand. ??

Blossoming Thu 16-Sep-21 15:52:33

One of the side effects of thyroid disease is thinner eyebrows. Mine are a great shape now as a result.

GagaJo Thu 16-Sep-21 15:35:43

Weren't they called sperm brows Zoejory? I have a friend who did that to hers and they STILL look like sperms!

nanaK54 Thu 16-Sep-21 15:35:30

I am not too keen on the very thick eyebrows, but I do so wish that I hadn't completely buggered mine up by over plucking in my younger years

GagaJo Thu 16-Sep-21 15:34:56

I agree re the slug comment. BUT I also know that eyebrow emphasis improves the face.

I had my makeup done at one of those make-up counters about 15 years ago. The only thing that she did that was an improvement on my own make-up technique was to make my eyebrows more prominant. Heavier eyebrows framed my face.

Having said that, I still only spend about a minute on them, using the quickest product possible.

Zoejory Thu 16-Sep-21 15:32:38

Eyebrows were plucked to death in the 70s.

I know this. I was there. Doing the plucking. They eventually gave up and stopped growing.

Hithere Thu 16-Sep-21 15:30:35

Yabu

Eyebrows follow so many fashions over the decades that it is up to the person to follow it.

ReadyMeals Thu 16-Sep-21 15:14:57

AIBU to wish the eyebrow fashion would hurry up and change so that pretty young girls can stop ruing their faces by painting what looks like ugly fat brown slugs above their eyes?