Gransnet forums

AIBU

Who is hiding the coffee creme chocolate? Light hearted

(81 Posts)
H1954 Wed 06-Oct-21 07:54:56

I remember the coffee cremes in the boxes of chocolates years ago. In our house they always got left, no one liked them and I wasn't brave enough to try one. Then one day, as I craved for a chocolate I summoned the courage to take a little bite.......I was hooked! I loved it!
Ever afterwards the coffee cremes were all mine and didn't get wasted.
Fast forward several decades, I really don't eat much chocolate - mainly because I shouldn't- so I wouldn't really know what's in the traditional style boxes anymore; might ask Santa for a small box........all in the spirit of research I might add ?

seacliff Wed 06-Oct-21 07:31:48

I too love coffee creams.....I really want one now you've mentioned it.

Love Tesco's. Coffee ice-cream too. In fact, most things coffee.mmmmmm

nanna8 Wed 06-Oct-21 06:39:01

Haighs do them here
www.haighschocolates.com.au but it’s a helluva long way to get chocolate!
I am an unrecovered chocoholic addicted to Aldi almond milk chocolate bars. Much nicer than Cadbury’s, a bit similar to Lindt. Maybe we should start a CA group to assist in recovery ?

BigBertha1 Wed 06-Oct-21 06:33:30

Hotel Chocolate have a good range of flavours in small packs. Love the champagne truffles....Can't remember if they do coffee specifically I love coffee cremes too.

Ro60 Wed 06-Oct-21 02:34:08

I'll trade for the Black Magic green marzipan ...

Poppyjo Wed 06-Oct-21 01:16:43

I am a recovering chocoholic! Well trying to be. One of my favourite flavours has always been coffee creme You always used to get a coffee soft creme in boxes of chocolates. Now there are so many flavoured bars of chocolate you could eat them for breakfast, but dare to try and find coffee flavour you would need to go on a world tour and still be unlucky.

I’ve tried Canada, Australia, Great Britain etc., They even stopped coffee matchmakers and have made a salted caramel matchmaker flavour instead.

So come on, own up who is the coffee creme hoarder?

I think we need a arrange a coffee creme hunt across the world. Anyone want to join me?