Gransnet forums

AIBU

Is this the beginning ?

(70 Posts)
Angela1961 Tue 16-Jan-18 10:47:48

Well there I was happily in the bathroom this morning brushing my teeth ( as per usual ) when glancing in the mirror decided to give them a real good cleaning. Looked up at mirror again to realise I'm using my husband's toothbrush !!!!! Yuk,and double yuk ! Never done that before. Hoping it's not the beginning of the memory / senses going. Anyone else done this ?

janeainsworth Tue 16-Jan-18 11:17:47

No but I brushed my teeth with savlon once grin

Greyduster Tue 16-Jan-18 12:02:19

Yes, a couple of times but not recently. Now I use an electric one and he doesn’t like them. I have to remember though, when GS comes, to change the heads before he uses it. On the two occasions recently when each of my adult children have come to stay, there has been the plaintive cry of “Mum is there any toothpaste we can borrow?” We are not the only ones who forget things!

harrigran Tue 16-Jan-18 13:01:22

No, never use DH's brush as we keep them in separate containers at our own side of the drawer. OCD moi ?

kittylester Tue 16-Jan-18 15:59:15

Yuk, yuk!! Which is daft really when one considers the other things we share with our partners (ifswim!!)

kittylester Tue 16-Jan-18 15:59:50

still poorly - iyswim!!

nanaK54 Tue 16-Jan-18 16:10:42

No have never used wrong toothbrush - but I have sprayed my underarms with hairspray instead of deodorant grin

NannyTee Tue 16-Jan-18 16:12:28

And I've sprayed my hair with deodorant . Nearly fell over when I looked in the mirror. All dusty white .

nanaK54 Tue 16-Jan-18 16:29:20

NannyTee grin

Jalima1108 Tue 16-Jan-18 16:40:04

Mine's in one cupboard, his is in another.
Just as well as I don't put my specs on until I've finished in the bathroom!

LadyGracie Tue 16-Jan-18 17:14:10

He’s got the ensuite and I use the bathroom, it works well

grannyqueenie Tue 16-Jan-18 18:12:45

We went to visit bil and sil, often a rather awkward stay. Since I was suffering with dry eyes I packed some eye lid cleanser and put the bottle on their bathroom shelf to remind me to use it. Dutifully used it twice daily, though did feel it it wasn't so easy to apply as on previous occasions On day 3 I realised that the bottle on the shelf was in fact a vaginal lubricant! blush

NannyTee Tue 16-Jan-18 18:15:26

grannyqueenie ?

Bathsheba Tue 16-Jan-18 18:50:18

gq hahaha grin

grannyactivist Tue 16-Jan-18 18:55:24

No - mine is in one bathroom (mine, all mine) and his is in another! grin

varian Tue 16-Jan-18 19:07:21

How do we know whether we are definitely going gaga or just suffering from "normal ageing" - whatever that is?

I'm not as good as multi-tasking as I used to be. When I think what I actually did in one day when I was half the age I am now (and I don't think my memory has gone yet), I could not do half of that now. Is that what we have to expect?

NannyTee Tue 16-Jan-18 19:42:13

Varian I can totally relate. I could multi task 3-4 different things in my 30'S . I'm 51 and can't do two sometimes. It depends what we have on our minds. Bit scary at times though ?

varian Tue 16-Jan-18 20:06:50

I was firing on all cylinders in my forties, fifties and sixties (or at least I thought I was, but perhaps, when I was 51 like you NannyTee it just didn't occur to me that I should slow down - or maybe I didn't realise I'd started to slow down).

From the age of seventy I did notice that I'd slowed down. At one time I thought I would retire at 75, but I'm ashamed to admit I've just retired and I'm only 72. I do feel like a bit of a slacker.

NannyTee Tue 16-Jan-18 20:45:44

Gosh fair play to you then. I'm 51 and feel more like 81. I started very very early though. That's my excuse smile

MissAdventure Tue 16-Jan-18 21:08:54

I used a fancy new eyeliner for weeks and weeks, thinking it really wasn't giving the 'dramatic' effect it advertised. Very natural looking I thought. Then I realised I hadn't actually taken the lid off the little bottle at all, and was just using the pointed bit of the lid to run around my eyes. blush

Beau Tue 16-Jan-18 21:40:55

lol - MissAdventure ?

loopyloo Wed 17-Jan-18 08:08:32

Thought my shower gel was a bit soapy then realised I had used the shampoo.

Grannyado Wed 17-Jan-18 09:50:10

Once used antihistamine cream instead of hemoroid cream. Was the same colour tube so used it for a few days. ?? won't be doing that again! Ooph!

hildajenniJ Wed 17-Jan-18 09:59:44

No, never. My toothbrush is in the upstairs bathroom and DH's is in the one downstairs. He gets up very early, and as the bathroom is adjacent to the bedroom he uses the one downstairs so as not to disturb me.

ExaltedWombat Wed 17-Jan-18 10:02:45

I mixed up the Anusol and the toothpaste. Now I have piles of smiles and a lovely ring of confidence.

Sorry.