Gransnet forums

AIBU

Photos of the back of heads

(10 Posts)
overthehill Sun 24-Oct-21 09:32:38

I find it very strange some so called 'celebrities' put photos of their children, new baby, online for us to admire, photographed from behind.
I don't want to see the back of their head, I like faces.

If they are nervous or whatever of showing their children, don't put the photos out there.

I'm no fan of Stacey Solomon but good for her for showing us her new baby and older kids...front view.

Blossoming Sun 24-Oct-21 09:38:08

I don’t really want to see photos of strangers’ babies. Family and friends are the ones I’m interested in smile

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 24-Oct-21 09:38:13

Photographs of children should NOT be on Social Media, whether they are ‘celebs’ children or not.
Only IMO of course, as a family we have never put photos of our children out there on the Internet, when the children are 16 then it is up to you to get their permission and if they agree then go ahead.

Kali2 Sun 24-Oct-21 09:41:34

Exactly Oopsadaisy. We would never put photos of grandchildren, nephews, nieces or friends' children on our FB pages, seen only be friends- as their parents would quite rightly object, and for good reasons.

25Avalon Sun 24-Oct-21 09:43:20

For safeguarding in youth football parents have to consent to the use of photos and then you can only publicise the first name and not the surname, so the player is not easily identifiable.

Galaxy Sun 24-Oct-21 09:50:06

I would say those who dont show the faces are less likely to experience problems so I would say that is a more sensible decision.

sodapop Sun 24-Oct-21 12:34:01

I agree Blossoming I'm not at all interested in other people's babies especially 'celeb' babies.

Hithere Sun 24-Oct-21 12:41:35

Agree with Galaxy.

Some people may want to share pictures of their family in a more private manner

FarNorth Sun 24-Oct-21 12:49:28

I guess they want to show themselves looking happy with their baby, or child, without actually putting the child's image online, for reasons of privacy & safety.

Smileless2012 Mon 25-Oct-21 13:36:36

I think that's probably the reason too FarNorth.

Slightly off topic, I have several photo's of our boys when they were babies of the backs of their heads and necks, because they were so cute. Mum in law thought it was very odd.