Gransnet forums

AIBU

As i gain the years my oily complexion has gone ! Anyone else with this BLESSING

(8 Posts)
Serendipity22 Mon 17-Jan-22 21:53:50

Ok, so for absolute years my complexion has been OILY, makeup as melted off my mush.

I once went into Boots on bended knees ( not quite ) to plead with the lady on the makeup counter to pleeeeeease tell me there is a product that will STAY PUT for longer than 5 minutes ( only a SLIGHT exaggeration). Her reply was said with a smile "Think yourself lucky, you wont get wrinkles later in life." !!!!

So, ok, i have no wrinkles as such but i have noticed since i have been going through the menopause that my oily complexion has ..... GONE !!

They say All good things come to those that wait

Anyone else had this experience?

smile

Humbertbear Tue 18-Jan-22 08:37:22

My greasy hair has gone too!

Poppyred Tue 18-Jan-22 09:36:27

Wow! The lady in Boots was right! I have greasy skin and no wrinkles either. Would you rather have a wrinkled face??

Hetty58 Tue 18-Jan-22 09:42:51

As my hair has turned grey - it's got thicker - yippee! The very fine, dead straight 'curtains' will actually hold a curl now!

MiniMoon Tue 18-Jan-22 10:35:16

My oily skin and greasy hair have gone, only to be replaced by dry skin on my face. I now need a good moisturiser.
Since going grey, my hair has thickened. Never before have I needed my hairdresser to thin it out.
Wow.

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 13:08:22

Poppyred Noooooo i dont want wrinkles haha...

Yes, the lady in Boots was indeed right, i scoffed when she said it because I never thought i would see the day when the greasy complexion disappeared. But i have now.

I didnt mention the greasy hair is a thing of the past too, i was just focusing on my face, but YEAH THE GREASY HAIR GONE TOOOOO, wow, I'm a new woman hahaha.

I refuse point blank to allow the grey hair to win, I dye it, it can bugger right off, heck if i allowed it to win, i would feel i had lost all my feminism, im holding onto that forever.

I have about 5 lipsticks/gloss in my handbags and ive told everyone that needs to know make sure when im laid prostrate in my coffin, that i have some lippy on hahahaha.....

Im drifting far away from the original thread of greasy complexion... oooops.hmm

V3ra Tue 18-Jan-22 13:19:45

Yes same here regarding the no-longer greasy skin and the lack of wrinkles. My Mum used to say I'd be glad of it when I was older! ?

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:29:49

We are all blessed hahaha.

Yeahhhhhhh....