Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

WATERCOLOUR PAINTING

(34 Posts)
lucyjordan Tue 10-May-11 10:21:41

Does anybody else do this?

All my adult life i used to wish i could paint, and then when i was 53 i went along to my local community centre where classes were held I was amazed at what i produced, and so were the rest of my family and friends.

My teacher was wonderful, and it was down to him really and his methods of teaching and painting, i am going to download some pictures of my painting on to my profile, and wondered if any body else was interested in starting a gallery of their own

yogagran Sun 31-Jul-11 21:49:43

I'd love to be able to paint, it's a wonderful gift to have. But I tried a day course in watercolour painting and decided that I had absolutely no talent at all. What I came home with was a painting that a primary school child would hang on the fridge door!
I'd love to be able to sing as well - but again, no talent! There must be something that I'm good at but I'm still waiting to find out

tarotfool Wed 03-Aug-11 18:03:50

Thank you for that web address, Nono, what a good way to get started!

Spindrift Sun 16-Dec-12 12:35:25

I wish there was a community centre near me, there is absolutely nothing in this village, I have enquired about classes for pottery etc in the town, but everything is evening, I don't go out alone after dark, you wouldn't want to go into town here after dark anyway smile, I don't like coming back to an empty house after dark either, I am quite a distance from the road so would be worried about being outside when it is pitch black.

Maniac Sun 16-Dec-12 14:39:04

Since moving here 5 yrs ago I go to a weekly morning art/craft gp in local methodist church hall .Not a class -just a sharing of knowledge and techniques. and chat!.From being a beginner I've improved my skills-mainly drawing and water colors.I'll put some on my profile
Am now running out of wallspace!!

annodomini Sun 16-Dec-12 15:07:59

Spindrift (what a lovely name) have you looked for a U3A branch locally? Most of their activities take place by day.

nanos8 Sun 16-Dec-12 17:59:01

lucyjordan you have some beautiful work. I've dabbled in the past and have so much kit but never seem to make the time to finish or begin anew.
I don't know about you Grandmacool but I'm going to make time and have another go now. smile

Mishap Sun 16-Dec-12 18:29:51

Lucy - love your paintings - I wish I had your talent!

ScarlettandChasesgrandma Sun 17-Nov-13 10:42:08

Lucy, your paintings are amazing!!