Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Easy patterns for toddlers

(27 Posts)
ninnynanny Tue 17-May-11 15:27:49

Hi do any of you knitters have easy or favourite knitting patterns you have made that you are willing to share?
Anyone tried to design own easy knit patterns.

Maywalk Mon 07-Nov-11 19:12:33

If anyone is interested in knitting dungarees and a jumper and socks all in garter stitch I will be happy to send them a copy.
If there is some private way of letting me have their e-mail address I can send it as an attachment.

Sizes 16 and 18 chest.
Knitted in double knitting yarn on 4mm or old size number 8 needles.
Its an old pattern but its been VERY popular with many who I have knitted for.

glamgran1 Mon 10-Oct-11 17:25:22

HI JUST JOINED GRANSNET -BECOME A GRAN FOR 1ST TIME I AM OVER THE MOON SO DECIDED TO KNIT A CARDI THINKING IT WOULD BE A BOY ONLY GUESSING, DID A BLUE/GREY CARDI GUESS WHAT WE HAD A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL, SO NOW I AM KNITTING A PINK CARDI AND REALLY ENJOYING DOING IT AS I USED TO KNIT FOR MY CHILDREN ALONG WHILE AGO. WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ANYBODY HAS ANY BABY GIRL PATTERNS.

curlynana Sun 24-Jul-11 19:44:08

Hi Dorsetpennt - I'd be interested in the easy baby blanket too, I'd like to have a go at knitting a blanket, I've just crocheted one and quite enjoyed sitting watching tv and crocheting.

stellaartois Sun 24-Jul-11 10:14:10

Hi - just joined gransnet - what a wonderful idea!
I am not a knitter but managed 3 different types of blanket with easy patterns from friends. Would like to move on and knit an actual piece of clothing - I need a very basic pattern - any ideas? thanks!

harrigran Mon 13-Jun-11 19:36:19

I used to knit hiking socks on four needles. I have also been known to knit gloves.

nanapug Mon 13-Jun-11 18:53:37

Hello every one, I am knitting a plain stocking stitch two ply shawl for the expected fourth grandchild, and want to crochet round the edges to finish it off nicely. Didn't want to follow a pattern so I could just knit without concentrating and watch telly at the same time, as it is quite a size and slow going. I love how soft and pliable two ply knitting is for new born babies, but I'm not sure what size crochet hook to use. Is there a way of knowing? I am using size 3.75 knitting needles and, as I said, 2ply wool, so the knitting is quite loose. I don't normally crochet but feel I could manage a little border. Will need to think about the corners though. Any ideas please?

Sook Mon 13-Jun-11 18:37:03

My husband loves his knitted socks and brags to all and sundry about them. I was amazed on joining various knitting forums how many sock knitters there are.

nanafrancis Sun 12-Jun-11 19:24:55

I have knitted socks in the past and have wondered whether to knit some wellie socks for my DS and DiL.

My dad could only wear wool socks, which were a nightmare as they were so expensive and cheaper to knit and then there was the darning............................

lucid Sun 12-Jun-11 19:10:23

Sook I don't knit socks....but my mum does. My older brother thinks they're great. I find knitting very frustrating but I love to crochet.

Sook Sun 12-Jun-11 18:33:16

Do any of you Nannas knit socks?

Sook Sun 12-Jun-11 18:31:49

Abakhan and Black Sheep Wools both based in the Northwest sell wool online and often have designer ranges such as Debbie Bliss and Rowan at hugely discounted prices. For patterns I use Ravelry and trawl charity shops and carboots..

Sook Sun 12-Jun-11 18:27:40

Oooh yes please! have two grandchildren in production at the mo :-)

dorsetpennt Sat 11-Jun-11 13:28:30

I have a nice and easy pattern for a baby blanket if any interest I'll put it down on this site.

ninnynanny Mon 30-May-11 10:23:30

Lucky you nanafrancis, bet the weather is better than in UK today!

ninnynanny Mon 30-May-11 10:22:20

Hi sueaveyron have a look on tlc.howstuffworks.com free barnyard finger puppets knitting pattern.

sueaveyron Mon 30-May-11 07:21:07

Does any one have any patterns for finger puppets?

nanafrancis Mon 23-May-11 18:12:57

I'm delighted to hear the cardigan has turned out well.

I live in the Canary Islands.

ninnynanny Mon 23-May-11 16:57:01

Hi nanfrancis finished the cardigan and its turned out great. Now knitting East Baby Cardigan by Knitting Pure and Simple found the pattern on ravelry. Where do you live?

nanafrancis Mon 23-May-11 16:19:26

That's a pretty pattern, ninnynanny I've saved the site for future use smile
And I like the sheep cardi too, polly! I've knitted a lot of jumpers for my GS which I embroidered a picture onto the front.
I've just applied to join ravelry, t&p.
My problem is finding something to knit. No-one seems to want handmade woolies these days. And I have to stock up on wool when I visit the UK so I have to be organized well in advance as to what I'm going to make.

elsnana Mon 23-May-11 16:03:39

I have lots of toddler patterns to share, you could also try your local library, i do.

TwinsetandPearls Wed 18-May-11 16:30:19

I too can recommend Ravelry.com for knitting. It's a wonderful site.
(and crochet).

ninnynanny Wed 18-May-11 10:02:54

Hi Polly the cardigan looks really sweet.

polly Tue 17-May-11 22:08:51

I've knitted this little cardigan up for my granddaughter. It's a bit shrunk now (too many washes in the machine!) but she's still wearing it aged one.
http://lookingglassknits.blogspot.com/2007/10/sheep-yoke-baby-cardigan-pattern.html

ninnynanny Tue 17-May-11 16:34:14

Hi nanafrancis I am currently knitting a cardigan I found on this site: knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTtigger.html, let me know if you cannot find it. The wool I am using is different and I am knitting the biggest size but its coming up smaller, so had to make alterations, but not sure if it will turn out ok size wise. Lots of good patterns on Ravelry have a look. Have a lot of patterns that I have found in charity shops, but too complicated to knit when children grow so quick.

nanafrancis Tue 17-May-11 16:08:46

I can't get hold of normal knitting patterns (or nice wool sad) here.
So I've been making up my own patterns for a few years now. Not everything has been successful but I've been really pleased with the way some things I've designed have turned out.
I'd be happy to share patterns with anyone - it's always good to see someone else's favourites, as well as my own, being used.
I keep intending scanning patterns so they're on my pc but my elderly scanner doesn't seem to want to play!