Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Can you make a pillow-case dress?

(6 Posts)
glassortwo Fri 16-Dec-11 12:32:17

I will have a go in the New Year, its a brilliant idea. Thanks elegran

grrrranny Fri 16-Dec-11 12:09:13

This is a really nice idea. My mum and her friends where she lives have a kind of sewing and knitting group and I am sure they would love to have a go. I'll have to print out the details for them. Typically I threw out a lot of pillowcases recently but am sure I still have more than enought to have a go. Thanks for posting this.

syberia Fri 16-Dec-11 07:41:10

I will definitely do this in the new year.

grandmalou Fri 16-Dec-11 07:02:18

What a lovely idea. Would love to do one and will definitely try to make some time over the Christmas holidays to have a go. Thank you for sharing it.

biggran Thu 29-Sep-11 15:06:03

Thanks for this link. I can't make one just now, but I will soon. My 2nd DD gets married next week and I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff to do. Today I have a huge bundle of long twigs to spray dark blue to use for table centers! I have made my GD a pretty dress for the event, so the least I can do is make a dress for another little girl somewhere. I will post pictures when I've made it.

Elegran Thu 29-Sep-11 13:50:40

I have just found this appeal on folksy for people to make pillowcase dresses to send to little girls around the world. forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/277625?page=1
The campaign is being organised by hope4women international. See their site at www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/