Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Tea cosy

(12 Posts)
yogagran Wed 26-Oct-11 21:17:28

I'm afraid that I'm not a knitter but I recently had a conversation with my sil about tea cosies and she said that she wanted to knit a traditional one but could not find a pattern anywhere. I told her that I might "know a man who can" or whatever the expression used to be!
Can anyone help please?

Elegran Thu 27-Oct-11 14:08:06

Yogagran There are several books on amazon with teacosy patterns. They look quite good, and not dear. Hope one of them includes the one with vertical ridges all round (you know the one I mean)

yogagran Mon 31-Oct-11 14:10:26

Thanks Elegran - that's solved the problem and also provided me with a Christmas present idea. Brilliant

greenmossgiel Mon 31-Oct-11 14:49:05

Just what I've been looking for, too! I've just bought a little old brown teapot from a charity shop this morning and have given it a good 'steep' in Steredent to remove the tannin! It deserves a proper cosy (and not one of the woolly hats that I've been knitting for seafarers, as I planned to use!) I'll check out Amazon now. smile

Mishap Mon 31-Oct-11 15:15:45

Try googlin "Free tea cosy knitting pattern to download" - lots fo free stuff will appear.

greenmossgiel Mon 31-Oct-11 15:54:23

I'll have a go at that, Mishap! I only want the one pattern. Thanks! smile

Nanban Mon 30-Jan-12 20:59:38

I put tea cosy into my google thing and got lots of lovely free patterns - and have knitted a few now!

gracesmum Mon 30-Jan-12 21:02:40

You mean "know a Gran who can" grin yogagran

jeni Mon 30-Jan-12 21:19:58

green I'm a seafarer, do I get a woolly hat?smile

bagitha Tue 31-Jan-12 06:33:20

elegran, I had a nice warm feeling when I read your post. Why? Because you used the word "dear" instead of "expensive". Haven't heard that for years. Now I'm all nostalgic. smile

ninnynanny Thu 02-Feb-12 15:40:23

patonsyarns.com/newsletters/december2011web1.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Patons&utm_content=Patons+Tea+Cozies

If you follow this link there are 6 different tea cozies to knit, free patterns.

ninnynanny Sat 04-Feb-12 19:38:20

Sorry link not right. If you put patons tea party into search engine if should come up with correct link. 6 different tea cozies to knit.