Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Knitted Christmas decorations needed!

(10 Posts)
NannaAnna Wed 16-Nov-11 23:23:26

I've just seen a tweet on Twitter from this local business (ie local to me on the south coast smile who are looking for a pile of knitted Christmas decorations, which they intend to give away with orders leading up to Christmas.

And taking this further ... their regular stock is hand knitted by Grans around the country, should anyone be interested in producing items for them smile

www.sweetheartknits.co.uk/index.htm

em Thu 17-Nov-11 20:08:59

A friend acquired a lovely book last year. It's called 'Knitivity' and has patterns for a full nativity scene!

gracesmum Fri 18-Nov-11 11:39:50

I have just seen this today! Is it by the same woman who published "Knit Your Own Royal Wedding?"
Re Christmas decorations - I am still too busy knitting "Shreddies" grin

Hunt Thu 01-Dec-11 10:02:13

My sister has just finished knitting her fifth(!) Nativity from Jean Greenhowe's Christmas Special. They really are amazing . The trouble is everyone in the family wants a set. www.jeangreenhowe.com

Notsogrand Thu 01-Dec-11 10:33:16

I knitted 2 of Jean G's Nativity sets, they are amazing Hunt. As for Shreddies gracesmum, I knitted 4 bowls of these years ago and posted them - in their bowls - to grandchildren. The youngest, about 4 at the time, asked his Mum 'Can you phone Nana and ask her to knit some milk please'. Bless him. smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Dec-11 11:10:33

We would LOVE to see photos of all these things!! If you are on Facebook do post them on our page. If you prefer to retain the anonymity of your Gransnet username then do still email them to us ([email protected]) and we can post them for you and credit them to you under user rather than real name.

Elegran Thu 01-Dec-11 12:11:22

Small niggle NannaAnna - if the shop wants the brownie points of giving away knitted decorations with all orders, I would say they need to either make them themselves or pay (even just a little) for them. If they are made by grans and given away, then the brownie points should go to the grans. Maybe they do tell clients that they were given to them, of course.

bagitha Mon 05-Dec-11 09:49:31

Nice free pattern here:

www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/pattern.php?id=5338&lang=en

Sylvia Sat 03-Mar-12 09:25:45

I have the Jean G's books and they are worn out. I make Christmas pudding hats. Just a brown 'bobble hat' without the bobble, Then on top of that, the 'decreasing' bit in white or cream, for the brandy sauce. From the J.G. books I put holly, berries, pine cones, Father Christmas's head. [Not all at once, of course.] I started with one for the great grandson last year. Now I have to make 19 more. 'Can I have one, nan. ?' Ok, I have ''MUG'' tattooed on my forehead. But it is something to do while the TV is on. Sylvia

Sylvia Fri 13-Jul-12 00:03:55

Just finished my 18th christmas pudding hat. Now all my family will have one. Some have hollly and berries, father christmas head or a robin or pine coes and hollly. Or an assortment! Now I have to start on the things to put on the tree! Who else has a daft granny who knits christmas decorations.

Sylvia