Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Problems with painting tagging login

(11 Posts)
Elegran Sun 11-Mar-12 12:08:14

Is anyone else having problems logging into the painting tagging site? It worked fine to start with, spent a half-hour happily tagging. Tried to go back in and it did not recognise me, just sent me back to the home page each time. I even clicked the "forgot your password" button to set a new one and start again but it was the same with that.

Now trying afresh next day and I am still locked out, new password and all. I am getting fed-up going round and round from Home page to log-in page.

absentgrana Sun 11-Mar-12 12:22:14

No. I haven't had any problems popping in and out every now and again when I get bored with whatever I'm supposed to be working on.

Elegran Sun 11-Mar-12 13:05:15

It must be me.
I have checked that I have not barred cookies from the site - seems OK.

bagitha Sun 11-Mar-12 13:29:46

No problems with logging in but the site isn't working properly any more when I'm there.

absentgrana Sun 11-Mar-12 13:45:44

bagitha I've just logged in but when I typed in the first "thing", it then went straight to people. Clearly something is wrong. I ought to be working anyway.

absentgrana Sun 11-Mar-12 20:18:13

Some hours later. Looks like it's all gone completely pear-shaped and horribly, horribly wrong. I can't even access the site now.

Annobel Sun 11-Mar-12 20:27:20

I seem to have the same things on my screen. At least Alan Bennett was there a moment ago. I have full access to the site and its features.

bagitha Sun 11-Mar-12 20:35:56

absent, same thing kept happening to me. I sent them a message but no-one seems to be on duty at the weekend. Given up for today.

jeni Sun 11-Mar-12 21:13:54

The video won't even play on iPad, so I have no idea what it is about?

Annobel Sun 11-Mar-12 21:28:15

Oh, forget that last post of mine. I hadn't grasped what you were talking about. I do now but haven't explored the site, though I had no trouble entering it.

JadePCF Mon 12-Mar-12 16:15:33

Hi everyone

Sorry to hear a few of you have had problems using Tagger this weekend. I've had a word with the technical team, who recommend using Mozilla Firefox as a web browser rather than Internet Explorer. This might solve the issue in the meantime, but we'll continue to look for a long-term solution, as Tagger should work on most popular browsers.

If anybody has any questions, or would be so kind as to report ongoing issues, please email the PCF directly at [email protected]

Problems aside, it's been great seeing Tagger feedback on Gransnet. Thank you for all your efforts!

Jade
Project Editor, Public Catalogue Foundation