Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Easter entertainment for the grandchildren

(8 Posts)
silvercharm Sat 30-Mar-13 08:14:47

morning all,
would welcome some craft tips, ideas for keeping the grandchild (9yr old / boy) amused over the Easter school holidays. Candle making - ticked. Knitting - ticked. Anything as a stimulating alternative to another DVD please!

Stansgran Sat 30-Mar-13 09:07:20

I have had my DGC for this week. Rymans and wilkinson sons have a children's craft stand and I've found some of their packs cheap and cheerful for odd moments. We made Tiffin which consists of bashing digestives with a rolling pin and mixing the crumbs with butter and syrup and dried fruit and covering with choc. Very satisfying violent messy and edible for little boys. Early Easter egg hunt. Another day we made waffles. The weather has been abysmal for playing out. I hope it's better for you.

FlicketyB Sat 30-Mar-13 19:14:54

Poundland also have a lot of packs of craft materials and craft kits.

Why not visit your local museum. Museums are fun for children now and have lots of child centred activities in the holidays. Likewise leisure centres and swimming pools if he likes sports and swimming.

Inquire at your local library about what is going on locally for children.

Mishap Sat 30-Mar-13 22:22:24

The Jacqie Lawson website (where you can get lovely greetings ecards) has an online interactive circus - similar in principle to their advent calendars online.

It is charming and totally unlike normal computer games. My GC are thrilled with it.

NannaAnna Sat 30-Mar-13 23:13:28

Have you spotted the link to all the Gransnet Local Easter activity listings? (Assuming you live within/close to one of the areas with a GNLocal site)

www.gransnet.com/life-and-style/activities/what-to-do-for-easter

lilib Tue 02-Apr-13 18:10:17

Dear silvercharm, I have found this to be quite fun over the past couple of days especially with the sun out. It's also a bit educational. http://www.lincolnfingerpuppet.com/ we took ours to the park and Costa, it added a fun element to normal mundane tasks! Good luck!

JessM Tue 02-Apr-13 18:18:17

Morrisons also have some cheap craft kits.

brianas Wed 03-Apr-13 09:33:29

@lili b

wow thanks for that my grandchildren love it. anything to keep them occupied !