Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Crocheting a jumper from a photo

(9 Posts)
KatyK Mon 13-May-13 17:20:06

Many years ago (mid 80s) my daughter owned a crocheted top that she loved so much that she wore it every day. It used to drive me mad that she always had it on and it was falling apart so I disposed of it (a bit naughty of me). She has never forgiven me (in a light hearted sort of a way). I have no idea where she got it from, although something in the back of my mind says Hennes. I have a photo of her in the top and would love to find someone who could crochet an identical one for me. Does anyone know of any sites etc which provide this sevice?

KatyK Mon 13-May-13 17:26:40

or service even !

Notso Mon 13-May-13 17:32:13

Have you looked at Ravelry? There maybe someone on there who can point you in the right direction.

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

KatyK Mon 13-May-13 17:49:17

I haven't heard of that Notso. Thank you I will give it a try.

Mishap Mon 13-May-13 22:19:53

It is not difficult to do - the crochet jumpers I make for the GC come straight out of my head. Why not just give it a go!

KatyK Tue 14-May-13 09:36:34

I dont know how to crochet!

Nelliemoser Tue 14-May-13 09:46:23

Katy look at the Ravelry website linked above. They have notices of knitting groups etc. They could have people who could teach you. Also U3A craft groups etc. Even the WI. Like a lot of things in knitting, once you start you get the hang of it like complicated knitting stitches. Its often easier to just try them out with your needles and yarn than to try to imagine how to do it.

KatyK Tue 14-May-13 10:13:18

Nelliemoser. Thank you. I will give it a try. I can knit but not crochet. Thanks

Notso Tue 14-May-13 10:15:25

I know someone who learned to crochet from YouTube demonstrations.