Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Blankets for Battersea

(2 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 31-Jul-13 11:14:18

There was a knitting epidemic recently in the pub we meet at for racing club. Everyone seemed to be knitting squares, with varying degrees of success. (Kate's was unpicked more times than I could count, and when she eventually finished it, it was very far from "square")

It turned out that they were knitting squares to be made into blankets for homeless people. I suggested to Kate that perhaps there might be a homeless person who would prefer a scarf grin

shysal Wed 31-Jul-13 10:07:12

www.battersea.org.uk/about_us/whats_new/foster_blanket.html
I have just phoned Battersea Dogs and Cats Home to ask if they still need blankets. They still want them, especially smaller ones for cats. There is a pattern available, but I shall make up my own with 6in squares knitted on the diagonal with stripes from wool scraps, to be sewn together in a 24 in. square to form diamond patterns. I have got a bit bored with Innocent Smoothie bobble hats, have dozens to send. I like to knit in the evening, to stop me eating, but when GCs get older they do not want knitted garments, and I am a hot body, so don't wear jumpers/cardis.