Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Nice Headband Pattern for children

(8 Posts)
funny4856 Wed 09-Apr-14 03:50:48

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Genevieve489 Wed 05-Mar-14 10:50:58

If you google the yarn, curlynana, you will see that you can buy Drops Fabel in the UK. It's actually 4ply. I always google any non-UK yarns and find out what the yarn weight is. You can then search for a yarn comparison chart. For example, I use 4ply for US fingering weight and I use Aran for US worsted weight. That's a lovely headband. I'm tempted myself - as though I haven't got enough projects on the go!

curlynana Wed 19-Feb-14 10:11:28

Thank you janerowena - that does make sense. I'd like try making that headband for my granddaughter who just will not wear a hat!

janerowena Tue 18-Feb-14 20:28:16

2.5mm is quite a small size needle, roughly a 12, so maybe 4ply would be better.

curlynana Tue 18-Feb-14 18:13:18

I get very confused about what sort of wool to buy. The pattern for the headband uses different wool (I think it is American) could I just use ordinary double knit do you think? I see a lot of easy patterns I would like to try out but never sure about the wool.

Tegan Sat 04-Jan-14 19:28:51

I tend to worry about them on babies [first saw one on Harper Beckham] in case they end up round their necks and catch on something [just me being paranoid I guess].

janerowena Sat 04-Jan-14 19:02:08

Goodness! Literally! There are some beautiful things on there, including the head band. What to make first is the problem.

ninny Sat 04-Jan-14 11:51:19

www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=5371&lang=us
Lots of good knitting and crochet patterns on this site.