Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Broken needle

(7 Posts)
smiter1955 Mon 12-May-14 14:14:47

Does anyone have an odd 3.75 mm 35cm long KnitPro Symfonie needle. They are so expensive and I am reluctant to buy a new pair if there's a chance someone could sell me just an odd one. I had been knitting a wee dress for a friend's baby and laid the knitting on the sofa. Unfortunately the dog decided to play tag with the kitten and jumped onto the sofa to chase him, landed on the needles and snapped one sad

Marelli Mon 12-May-14 20:04:19

Could you try ebay, smiter?

smiter1955 Mon 12-May-14 20:15:40

Only pairs on there. It's looking like I'll have to fork out the money for a new pair and keep this one as spare.

rosequartz Mon 12-May-14 20:50:25

That happened to me, not a Symfonie one but a nice mahogany one, not the same size as yours unfortunately. It is annoying, I now keep the other one as a spare.

I ordered some Symfonie ones with a voucher I was given for Christmas; so far I haven't really used them (too busy, keep putting it off as they are so nice, silly reasons) so am looking forward to using them. I just need to remember not to stumble and tread on my knitting bag as that is how the other one snapped!

smiter1955 Mon 12-May-14 21:32:55

they are a dream to knit with they are so smooth the yarn just slides across them. I've seen the mahogany ones but not been tempted.

Marelli Mon 12-May-14 21:38:36

I tried bamboo ones, but couldn't get on with them. I prefer the old steel ones passed down to me from my mother.

smiter1955 Mon 12-May-14 22:30:12

eeek can't stand the steel ones horrible to hold (in my opinion). I tried to use my old bamboo ones when this one snapped but really don't like the feel of them now.