Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

What is the most unusual item your grandchild has asked you to make for them?

(52 Posts)
Hopehope Sat 22-Apr-17 00:07:19

I have not produced anything requested by DGD, but this made me laugh as I can remember an occasion many years ago when our son was about 6 ( he is 37 now). it was Easter, and they were to have an Easter bonnet parade at school. At the time I had never sewn anything! i managed to get a kind of roundish felt type hat from a charity shop.
I thought if I cover it and make a cross it could be a Hot Cross Bun hat, so far so good. I got carried away with myself, and sewed on lots of real currants. i was up until about 2 in the morning doing this, because as usual he had not told me about it until the night before!!

I was pretty pleased with the result, and put it on the bed in the spare room. I had not realised that one of our cats was also hiding in there. When I got up in the morning she has eaten ALL of the currants, then to top it all off my Son had a tummy upset so had to miss the parade anyway. I could have cried . we still laugh about it now though

HillyN Fri 21-Apr-17 22:59:54

DGS just acquired a 'camouflage' teddy and asked me if I could make an ammunition belt for the bear. Of course I obliged but it got me wondering what other wacky craft items have Gransnetters been asked to produce?