Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Any brands you'd like/not like to see?

(86 Posts)
GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 04-Jul-11 16:30:52

In addition to our splendid launch partners, Nintendo and Pearson, we've had approaches from quite a few brands wanting to advertise on Gransnet. To keep going in the long term, we're going to take advertising but we thought we'd ask you - are there any brands you love and would like us to work with - as discount partners or doing promotions, advertising or insight? No guarantees, obviously, but it would be very useful to know...

Anne58 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:16:53

Oi, Jangly I will have you know that a client of mine is a major supplier of walk-in baths! (Althought I admit that I wouldn't want to see them advertising on here!) BTW, we still need some extra mystery shoppers for that project!

Charlotta, yes, I agree that I would like to be able to find clothes with sleeves that are just above the elbow, but not everyone wants bigger sizes, I am still looking for "smart" T shirts (i.e. sort of tailored, rather than baggy beach wear, to wear under business suits) in a size 10-12, at an affordable price.

Granny61 Totally with you on Lakeland! Great products, great service.

granpiano Sun 18-Sep-11 08:35:54

The stupid toothpaste advert. He shines this gadget over her teeth and she is so surprised that they are not clean as she has just cleaned them. She then cleans with his toothpaste and surprise,surprise the gadget proclaims them to be sparkling clean. And just to convince you they say it is the one most dentist recommend.( How many dentist and how much did they get paid)
How stupid do they think we are!

GranLA Tue 20-Mar-12 22:28:46

If they can guarantee a waist like the model's waist in the advertisement picture then I'll buy a dozen bras, but I doubt if that will happen :-)))

dorsetpennt Wed 21-Mar-12 09:07:22

smug remark coming up jangly I work for the JL Partnership - I get 15% off Waitrose and 25% of John Lewis - except for electrical goods where I 'only' get 12%. Sorry to gloat smile

Annobel Wed 21-Mar-12 09:20:59

dorset, you'll be glad to know that since they built a Waitrose just down the road from my house, I have added significantly to your (and my DiL's) annual bonus. grin

grannieannie66 Mon 18-Jun-12 19:48:36

thanks Gransnet for giving me the info. about Sloggi-type pants in Sainsburys - a very good buy @ £6 for 5 pairs smile

Maniac Tue 19-Jun-12 09:29:15

Yes to Fit Flop footwear
No to anything endorsed by Carol Voderman

Greatnan Tue 19-Jun-12 09:40:34

I have no axe to grind as I no longer live in the UK, but my daughter and I both found that Direct Line insurance were very helpful and efficient when I had a motoring accident in France (before I moved here) and she had her house flooded. I don't know if they are the cheapest, but you find out how good your company is when you have a claim!

I love Amazon, as I can order 'used' books for about £2 and they will deliver to France.

nanaej Tue 19-Jun-12 10:28:56

I would be pleased to see 'ethical' products e.g proven sourcing, fairtrade etc. Think we all prefer to know that what we wear /eat /use has not been come by through exploitative means.

AlisonMA Tue 19-Jun-12 11:02:30

Nothing patronising to older people please!

Definitely NO to Nestle for all sorts of very good reasons and that includes L'Oreal and Body Shop which they 50% own.

No funerals.

I agree with charlotta anyone with dresses with sleeves but they don't have to be in 'older' designs please.

Holidays would be good.

B&Q/Homebase discounts would be good.

Not too many children's products please as my DiL keeps complaining they only live in a small house!