Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

tomato puree

(9 Posts)
Elegran Wed 05-Oct-11 18:40:48

riclorian In the days before polythene bags (one of the most useful inventions ever) I used to save those waxy paper linings that cereals came in then to wrap sandwiches in.

I feel a new thread coming on "Useful inventions"

Annika Wed 05-Oct-11 15:14:21

Thanks for all your tips , its great on here everyone is so nice thanks

glammanana Wed 05-Oct-11 14:17:56

I use yoghut pot's and icecube tray's for a lot of leftover sauce's use them if DH fancie's a meal tarting up a bit,ie every day chicken breast and a pot of pepper sauce make's a change from ordinary gravy etc.

riclorian Tue 04-Oct-11 21:42:23

Annika -- Try using a cereal bag ( the one inside the box ) I freeze soup in these bags and they are leak proof and very strong . Useful for many other things too .

Annika Tue 04-Oct-11 21:29:23

Thanks off to get ice cube tray as I speak ( or should I say type )

FlicketyB Tue 04-Oct-11 20:18:51

I have been decanting and putting tomato paste in the freezer for over 30 years. Nobody has died yet (or even had an upset tummy)

MrsJamJam Tue 04-Oct-11 19:37:35

The idea of the ice cube tray is inspired. I've filed it away for future use, so many thanks Shysal.

shysal Tue 04-Oct-11 19:07:15

I would freeze it in an ice cube tray and bag when frozen. Can't think of any reason why not.

Annika Tue 04-Oct-11 18:52:04

I have just opened a small can of tomato puree and have not used all the contents. I know that if I put what is left in the fridge ( first taking out of the can ) it will keep for a week, but am I able to freeze it ? confused