Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Questions from 3 year old grandson

(19 Posts)
Mishap Sun 15-Apr-12 17:39:45

"Mama, why is my Ribena pink, but my wee is yellow?"

"Why do stones dropped in the deep water go ker-plunk and the ones in the shallow water go splash? Is it because of the viscosity of the water?" - honestly - I kid you not!!

granbunny Sun 15-Apr-12 18:20:03

jolly good question. give him some beetroot.

MrsJamJam Sun 15-Apr-12 18:52:29

Budding scientist!

gracesmum Sun 15-Apr-12 19:55:21

granbunny grin

Elegran Mon 16-Apr-12 04:39:37

Give him some asparagus and let him sniff the subsequent wee.

JessM Mon 16-Apr-12 05:14:28

4 yr old, re nothing in particular, walking up the hill "I love you mother nature!"
Don't you love em.

Butternut Mon 16-Apr-12 07:46:50

Ahhh. A little lad after my own heart, Jess smile!

JessM Mon 16-Apr-12 09:56:33

I thought you would like that B.
Not sure if it was the hibiscus bush with huge flowers or the giant spider that provoked the remark!

POGS Mon 23-Apr-12 22:26:27

My lovely granddaughter asked me " Nanny, why do you walk with a stick. Is it because your boobies are so big you would fall over if you did'nt have it?" I could see the look on my son-in-laws face, very quilty.

nightowl Mon 23-Apr-12 22:28:32

POGS gringrin

glassortwo Mon 23-Apr-12 22:30:40

pogs grin

Jacey Mon 23-Apr-12 22:34:02

Friends' 5 yr old daughter calmly announced at a family meal ...

" I had sex today" to say it was a converstion stopper was putting it mildly.

On enquirying ...which I thought was quite brave of her mother...it transpired that it was her tables turn to get a second helping of dessert at school lunch!! grin

POGS Tue 24-Apr-12 20:54:02

I don't know if I have a particularly funny or stupid GD but here's another one.

When we were on holiday in Devon we stopped outside a thatched cottage to look at a map. My GD shouted "Look nanny that birds bum is on fire". It was a thatched roof with a straw bird on it, smoke was coming out of the chimney in just the right place. Too difficult to give a sensible answer so I just said "Oh yes darling ,perhaps their having it for dinner" GD said "Your stupid nanny how will they get the oven up there" Time to give up.

granscotland Thu 26-Apr-12 12:30:58

Our Australian granddaughter on a recent visit asked her grandad did the cracks in his face hurt? (Glad she didn't ask me!)

1Rockingran Thu 26-Apr-12 17:09:45

My 4 yr old granddaughter was watching intently as I applied some blusher to my cheeks, I asked her how I looked, she twirled her hands around her cheeks and said you don't want to look like a clown NANA!!

Ariadne Thu 26-Apr-12 17:34:07

I posted this ages ago, but would like to share it again!

DGD, then under 2, was sitting by me on the edge of the bed as I got dressed on a cold February morning, at about 6.00 a.m. As I struggled into my suck - it - in black body, she gazed at it, at me, and grinned

"Oooh, Nannie - fwimming? Now?"

vampirequeen Thu 26-Apr-12 19:29:21

When my youngest daughter was three we were in a bank queue behind a small man (under four feet). She looked at him intently for a minute or two and then said in a very loud stage whisper, "Mummy, how did that man get squashed?" The bank went silent (or seemed to) and I wanted the ground to open and swallow me but he laughed and laughed. Said it was the funniest thing he'd heard in ages and he loved the honesty of little children.

dahlia Sun 29-Apr-12 15:01:28

Remember Tillie, then 3, asking me why I had lines around my eyes. Told her they were laughter lines, from smiling so much. Not good enough: "Are you very old, then?". "No, not really, Tillie". "Will you be dying soon?" Couldn't think of anything to say at this point but I am still here, 13 years later.

artygran Sun 29-Apr-12 20:03:32

My grandson came to stay last weekend, and I asked him on Sunday what he would like for breakfast. He said he'd like a boiled egg. I'm hopeless at cooking boiled eggs. They are either really snotty or hard. "Wouldn't you rather have a nice poached egg?" I asked (I'm good at poached eggs). "They're only like boiled eggs without the shells". "Not really, Nanny," he said. "Shall I ask mummy to teach you how to cook shells?"