Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

being tired at 65 and watching 6mo old

(35 Posts)
cag Sat 08-Dec-12 19:18:22

im watching my 6mo old grandson 4days a week,and when he leaves i am exhausted..being always pretty active ,im surprised and upset about feeling this way..any ideas? cag

misunderstood Thu 20-Dec-12 20:04:45

Has anyone been watching Last Tango in Halifax? Watched the final 2 episodes last night and spent nearly all of the programme with tears in my eyes. When they were jiving in the house it just reminded me of me and my hubby as this is what we do when there is nothing on the tv and we put the music on and chat. Also the part when she fell out with her daughter and how stubbern she was, that was also me and my daughter on occasions when we don't agree. I come from around these parts and as I know its Sally Wainwrights mums story I knew he wouldn't die but still it was a lovely ending and a brilliant series.

Nanado Thu 20-Dec-12 20:10:09

Yes, misunder I've watched every episode. Wonderful script and loved the humour eg beaten up gigolo / toy boy cluttering up the living room. Excellent performance from all the actors. Believe there's a one off follow up in the New Year.

Nanado Thu 20-Dec-12 20:25:44

At we on the wrong thread..,,,????

Speldnan Fri 21-Dec-12 17:52:51

I loved it too and ditto thought the toy boy line was hilarious and the Spooks actress brilliant and totally convincing! Anne Reid character's reaction to gay daughter was correct for her generation too-I've just fallen out with my elderly parents on this issue as they object to displays of gay affection on tv. It's their prerogative though as todays world is so different from the way it was in their formative years.
And yes this thread has been hijacked!!

Nanado Fri 21-Dec-12 18:21:39

Sorry! I've done it again.

Ana Fri 21-Dec-12 18:35:38

Well, strictly speaking it wasn't your fault, Nanado! wink
Speldnan, you might want to move your post to the Last Tango in Halifax thread...

Ariadne Fri 21-Dec-12 20:18:45

Let's try to carry on giving cag the support she needs, eh? Said gently.

Maniac Sat 22-Dec-12 09:11:23

cag caring for a 6mth old 4 days a week ! I'm not surprised you are exhausted. Some negotiation or help needed I think.It will be harder when he is heavier and moving around.
Take care of yourself.
flowers

annodomini Sat 22-Dec-12 09:23:43

cag, I hope you can negotiate a more favourable system in the coming year. Meanwhile have a happy Christmas. x x x smile