Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

whats the funniest thing that your grandchild said or did

(48 Posts)
CHEELU Mon 10-Dec-12 17:04:09

I asked my grandson if he liked his time at school (it was his first day) and he said yes it was great, when I asked him is he looking forward to going tomorrow he said Nanny I don't need to go again I have already been!!!!

kittylester Sat 03-Aug-13 13:27:20

We have just received a postcard sent from the London trip which says 'Do you baleve I went to Buckinham Palis and Big Ben is stuck to the side of the House of Parlaiment' grin

kittylester Sat 03-Aug-13 05:28:41

DGS (aged 6) - Mummy, how do you spell 'vagina'?
DD1 (gulping) - Why do you want to know?
DGS - I want to put it in the project I'm doing about our visit to London.
DD1 - Tell me the sentence you want to put it in.
DGS - The Queen was crowned in Westminster Abbey. She is called Elizabeth Vagina.

grin

glammanana Tue 30-Jul-13 16:19:01

The week before school finished for the holidays Luke 9 came home and Dd asked him what kind of day he had,"oh just fine" says Luke a couple of minutes silence and up he pipes " we had talks about differant parts of your body to day mum" DD sits waiting for more then he comments " I don't understand all that talk about "public" hair does it happen to everyone mum" DD hides behind cushion and can't stop laughing.

whenim64 Tue 30-Jul-13 13:40:35

I love these grin

ninathenana Tue 30-Jul-13 13:34:35

4yr old DGS was visiting yesterday. His uncle has a skin condition which we were discussing, it affects his arms and back most.
I can't remember my exact words but I said about his back and "what ever it's name is" (meaning the condition). DGS lifted uncles T-shirt to inspect his back and declared "it hasn't got a name on it'

Eleanorre Mon 29-Jul-13 21:24:37

My GD aged 3 was hit by a bee as it flew into her She looked at me indignantly and said '' Granny that bee punched me''

durbanlady Mon 29-Jul-13 20:41:23

My eight year old grandson said the other day " Granny we always know where you are by following the smell", I hope he meant the baking!!

Gally Sun 28-Jul-13 11:34:47

It's pouring with rain this morning and Nell, age 3, just piped up 'Grandad and Millie(the dog) will be getting very wet up on their cloud today won't they?'. Well, what do you say....... We just laughed and agreed with her. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings and all that smile

granjura Sat 27-Jul-13 13:52:52

We had 2 daughters and our sil and bio, 3 ... all 1 year difference, so when we got together, it was mayhem. The youngest had enough and shouted at the top of her 4 year old lungs 'can we have a piece of quiet now' - indeed smile

Our youngest could not understand that in France or Switzerland we were always invited for 'a pair of teeth' (apéritif = pre dinner drinks).

Our 2 year old dropped (intentionally) her plate of food on the floor. I was exasperated that day and shouted 'you did that on purpose didn't you' and 2 year old replied 'not mummy, not on the purpose, on the floor' - I just had to laugh smile

Nelliemoser Sat 27-Jul-13 11:25:39

Re vomit on clothes 10 month DGS was playing silly beggars last night at bedtime.

His new trick is throwing himself backwards over mummy's knee while she holds his feet.

Not a good idea after dinner and a bedtime feed.

Once turned back the right way, this generally non sicky baby promptly covered mummy in his dinner from neck to toe. Poor mummy rushed off into the shower while one naughty little boy crawled off laughing.

I think my DD will learn from that incident even if DGS doesn't.

sunseeker Sat 27-Jul-13 10:09:08

As some of you know I didn't have children but reading these comments I, momentarily, wondered if I should have - then I thought of dirty nappies, vomit on clothes and endless crying (my niece and nephew) and changed my mind (do love to read your experiences though!)

Nelliemoser Sat 27-Jul-13 07:41:34

Harrigran. The trouble is they just don't make wooden clothes horses like that any more! I have very fond memories of using my mums like that. A wonderful tent, cave what ever you wanted it to be.

Ooh! I have gone all nostalgic. smile

annemac101 Sat 27-Jul-13 00:13:52

Grandson,nearly two was looking at photos with me we came across the scan his mum had taken when pregnant with him,I told him that was what he looked like when he was in his mummy's tummy, he started crying and said,
"Oh no! My mummy ate me!"

harrigran Fri 26-Jul-13 23:36:04

I was looking after GD on Thursday and she wanted to be out of the house to run around. I took her to an ice cream parlour that had a playground in the morning and a petting farm with playground in the afternoon. During the evening DS told GD that she had worn Grandma out, back came the reply " she should get a mobility scooter so she can keep up " Cheeky monkey, next week she'll get a clothes horse tent in the garden it was good enough for me in the school holidays grin

Yofab Fri 26-Jul-13 20:24:51

Just yesterday the grandsons aged 8 and 4 and I were trying to build a treehouse. After a while I said I was getting tired so the 8 year old said "grandma, why are you so old ?" !!

KatyK Fri 26-Jul-13 18:52:39

Whe our DD was 4 we took her to a wedding for the first time. She had a dreadful habit of spitting out her food if she didn't like it. I kept telling her that if she didn't like something to put a napkin to her mouth and put the food in that. I drummed it into her not to make a mess. As we were about to eat, the best man stood up and said 'for what we are about to receive may The Lord make us truly thankful' and my daughter said at the top of her voice 'and don't make a mess'. Sniggers all round. blush from me.

trendygran Fri 26-Jul-13 10:27:14

Last weekend my SIL. ,his friend who was staying for the weekend,and my GS ,aged 4, were all set to take the dog ,(male). for a walk in a local park. My DD asked if she could go ,but was firmly told by my darling GS ----'NO, WE'RE KEEPING THIS A MAN THING!!
This has kept me going all week!

MrsSB Fri 26-Jul-13 09:29:09

When our grandson was about 6, and learning about evolution at school, over a family lunch one day he very seriously asked me and DH whether we knew our monkey! I'm not quite sure how old he thinks we are, presumably very very old, haha.

Nonu Thu 25-Jul-13 21:47:17

Galen smile

Must be the after effects of your lovel;y time with the " gang"

Galen Thu 25-Jul-13 21:38:51

Back! Not JSB.

Galen Thu 25-Jul-13 21:38:23

My dgd, who is still breast feeding at 2, was getting sleepy on my lap, thumped me and said milk! Gave me a thoroughly disgusted look when I couldn't oblige and sent her Bach to mummy!

Mishap Thu 25-Jul-13 21:34:17

20 month old GS (just had chicken pox) gazed down my cleavage at my age spots and said "Grandma itchy spots - me blow better" and proceeded to blow on them as his mum had done with his chicken pox spots - aaw! - a very kind thought.

Deedaa Thu 25-Jul-13 21:30:24

My mother never got over the night when I was about three and started screaming about something. She was undressing for bed, so came rushing in to me stark naked. Apparently I was so shocked I yelled "Where your nightie? You put it on!" and completely forgot whatever it was I'd been screaming about. grin

GadaboutGran Thu 25-Jul-13 20:35:49

GD when aged 4 when asked why she wouldn't share her doll with her best friend: "Well it's very precious - AND it's made in China!"

GS, just 3, loves eating his 'Croccoli' and likes drinking 'bizzy' water.

ps Thu 25-Jul-13 20:19:54

annodomini I meant education as a whole, School, college, Uni. Apologies for the confusion.