Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What are you not spending enough time doing?

(16 Posts)
specki4eyes Tue 15-Jan-13 22:21:22

Yes Greatnan I'm just going, but I've got to wait for the breadmaker to finish my loaf. But I've already plumped cushions and made up the woodburner and put the pets to bed. So thats a bit of a result. Night night xx

Greatnan Tue 15-Jan-13 18:55:50

SPECKI - GET TO BED!!!!!

Lilygran Tue 15-Jan-13 16:40:59

Ironing. All the Christmas tablecloths etc. but we don't need them till next year and they will only get horribly crumpled again in the cupboard. hmm

specki4eyes Tue 15-Jan-13 15:52:51

Sleeping. My new year's resolution was to go to bed eariier (I'm always pottering at midnight and then I have to plump the cushions, make up the wood burner, put the dog and cat to bed, take of my face,brush my teeth, put on my pjs and then read myself to sleep - in other words its nearly 1am before I'm asleep) And I'm always up at 7, giving me a mere 6 hours.
But its 15 Jan now and I've only fulfilled my resolution once. Shout at me please!!!!

Gally Tue 15-Jan-13 15:35:55

Sorting out mountains of paperwork, going through 30+ years worth of photographs, emptying cupboards and boxes of 'stuff' and relocating them, preferably via eBay; generally getting to grips with long put off business hmm

numberplease Tue 15-Jan-13 15:26:25

Housework!

glitabo Tue 15-Jan-13 14:53:06

Tanith I am interested to know what swimming stroke you do as I had a hip replacement 4 years ago. I can only do the breast stoke, but many people tell me, including the swimming instructor at the health club, that the leg movement in breast stroke can damage the hip joint. I swim twice a week and I am trying to learn front crawl but it is not working very well. Do you or any other GNetters do breast stroke after a hip replacement?

cheelu Tue 15-Jan-13 14:10:47

I wish I could find something tha works for me

cheelu Tue 15-Jan-13 14:10:27

Most people turn their lies around due to health reasons, I really want to exercise but find it hard to actually do it, so far nothing has motivated me enough to get off my bottom and exercise!!!

tanith Tue 15-Jan-13 14:07:15

cheelu I have a Osteo-Arthritis in many joints and if I don't make the effort to keep them moving they stiffen up and I can feel myself slowing down. I have had spinal surgery and a hip-replacement and I find swimming and walking keep my muscles stronger which in turn helps my joints to stay stronger. I love swimming so thats an easy thing to do once or twice a week and although I like to walk I get bored if walking alone so I plug my phone into headphones and listen to the radio while I walk that helps .

cheelu Tue 15-Jan-13 14:00:41

tanith if I did all that exercise I would be so proud and pleased with myself!!
PLEASE PLEASE can you tell me what motivates you....

Grannyeggs Tue 15-Jan-13 13:47:41

Tidying out my desk, anything vaguely domestic, I'm stuck on here and can't drag myself off it hmm

annodomini Tue 15-Jan-13 13:07:38

Gardening. Tackle the jungle - has anyone got a spare panga? (East African word for machete).

tanith Tue 15-Jan-13 13:01:56

Exercising.. need to do more I've had swim today and walked a couple of miles there and back but I don't do it every day . Must do better is my mantra..

Greatnan Tue 15-Jan-13 12:59:40

AT the moment, walking, as it has snowed heavily all morning!

cheelu Tue 15-Jan-13 12:51:34

Planning, If I dont plan things everything goes wrong and I feel I am not getting anywere...